Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ulter makes Consumer Reports and AOL

drveejay11

Props Utler for getting this type of publicity but SORRY these idiots in the media got it wrong AGAIN!!!! FOCKERS!!! :rolleyes:

http://www.consumerreports.org/main...MENT<>ast_id=333141&ampampbmUID=1081193977199

"It’s especially true of the many weight-loss supplements designed for “thermogenic” stimulant effects--boosting calorie expenditure by revving the metabolic rate.

On one Internet shopping tour, for instance, we bought a product called Thermorexin--”the Hottest new Thermogenic on the market!” Its label says it contains, among its 22 ingredients, 30 milligrams of theophylline derived from a black tea extract and the stimulant bitter orange. Sold as Theo-Dur and other brands, theophylline is a prescription drug and an effective asthma treatment, but most doctors seldom prescribe it because it can cause seizures and irregular heartbeats at relatively low doses.

Larry Berube, president of Anafit, Thermorexin’s manufacturer, based in Orlando, Fla., described how the product’s combination of ingredients was developed: “Once we find out that the FDA says it’s OK, we put them together in the lab, run our tests, and do our trials, and if it comes up good, we capsulate it, put it online and in the stores and sell it,” he said.

Those tests involved asking fitness professionals to use the supplement, and measuring their heart rate and blood pressure, Berube said. The company doesn’t use a control group, he said. Then “we go to the fitness discussion boards and let trainers and people know we have a new product and do they want to try it,” he said. “And then they try it, and they report back.” Berube said he has not heard of any bad reactions to Thermorexin. ""

GOOD for ULter/Anafit getting their name out..........BAD bad for the fucking morons in this world who actually believe everything reported in the media such as the NON-based allegations of heart prob's and siezure risks associated with this product!!!

Fuck 'em Ulter! Nice to know that the fat-ass "pictures of health" who probably wrote the article were too busy throwing down on BK Whoppers with extra MAYO and puffing on their cancer sticks to PAY ATTENTION! I hate the fucking MEDIA sometimes :rolleyes: I really DO!

I didn't realize when I was talking to the people at CR that this was for an article on the supplement ingredients that they think are dangerous. They called and asked my opinions of the FDA controls on supps and the ephedrine ban. We talked about 45 minutes and they used 3 sentences. Seeing how a company like CR edits what you say to get what they want so it fits their story I am glad I didn't go on Fox's TV show a couple weeks back.

It's an ok article for us from a review standpoint. It doesn't say we're good or bad. They did not list us as a company that sells the "dangerous" supplements that the article is about. They question Theophylline but they didn't look at the dose compared to the dose when it's used for medicine. The top end use 6/day of Thermorexin is only 1/30 of the dose that doctors use that they say may lead to heart trouble. Which is why Thermorexin doesn't raise your heart rate or blood pressure. There just isn't enough in there.
They did put us in a good light by telling how we check with the FDA first and field test our supplements before selling them to the public. Something the other manufacturers don't do. But they do it in an article about dangerous supps. So if you just look at the heading, rather than reading the article, and see our name it looks like we're making dangerous supps.

Georgie24 -- can you not read dude?

It's negative spin, but It's gotta be good for sales. People who wouldn't normally be exposed to your product are now aware of it. Many will see 'fat burner', mostly ignore and then completely forget the negative points, and go to Google to search out a bottle or two in hopes of getting rid of their love handles and beer guts.

Any advertising is good advertising. Marketing 101.

That's it in a nutshell.
They quote Thermorexin as the "Hottest new Thermogenic on the market." so we are happy they chose our product to hold up as an example. Even if they got the ingredient doses wrong in order to put a negative spin on it.

Top Bottom