Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Grad schools...

taekwondokid

Hey all, I'm currently a junior undergrad right now and I had a question for all the older people on here. How hard is it to get into grad school? Heres the thing, when I was in high school all the counselors and teachers were hyping up how hard it is to get into a decent college and your ACT is SO important and college is so much harder than high school and a completely different system and no one cares about you, etc. I found most of this to be untrue. College is fun, the extra responsibility isn't that big of a deal, oh wow, I have to go buy my own groceries now, wow life is hard. I'm just wondering, cuz the college counselors are saying the same exact thing now, how difficult is it to get into grad school? If your just above the minimum requirements, like a 3.0GPA like me, do I even stand a chance? Because to be honest if I don't get into grad school (medical field, hoping to be a pharmacist or optometrist) this Biology degree is pretty useless and I come from a poor family so its not like I could just start a business.

More specific question for those in the Midwest, U-W Madison is known as a party school but they have a Pharm program and that would be awesome if I got in that, how bad are the odds?

i'm not totally sure what a 3.0 works out to in canadian standards (mark out of 100), but from what I've seen, you need high 70s and up to get into a half decent grad/masters program. But if you're trying to get into med school, you're gonna need pretty close to a 4.0 GPA. I'm not really sure what other grad programs are available to someone with an undergrad in Bio. You can always do lab research or something for a few years and then get your MBA or something

Top Bottom