Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

First bottletop homebrew PLEASE HELP

smash1904

Ok so I've been thinking about the whole "neurotic level of sanitation" pretty seriously, I'm kinda thinking about it too hard...

Any pointers:

1) After measuring everything out and boiling it you pour the cooled solution into the vacuum filter.

2) Filter and here comes the first sterilization problem: sealing media bottle and extracting 10cc at a time. I know I can cook the bottle before and soak the top in alcohol so that after filtration the top would be sterile when it goes on and the solution would be sterile - until you take the top of. The air going in and out will not be sterile. Is this a real threat? The 10cc syringe IS sterile coming out of the wrapping for extraction from the media bottle I'm just worried about extraction.

3) Soak butyl stoppers in alcohol and cover the vials with aluminum foil and bake at 350-400' for 15-20 minutes. Do I need to soak vials in alcohol first to remove contaminates? Do I need to bake the butyl stoppers?

4) Once you have extracted 10cc of oil solution poke needle through foil into vial and release -sterile oil into sterile vial? Remove foil and place stopper - anything special here? Does it need to be dry or can traces of isopropyl alcohol be present?

5) Crimp flip top. Anything else?

I'm spraying all work spaces with sanitizer, placing plastic wrap and wiping with alcohol wipes. Latex gloves and hand sanitizer when I touch anything to prevent cross contamination.

Thanks

That will not be sterile. Will it be good enough? Maybe .. Would I do try it and inject myself? Maybe. Would i give the gear to anyone else - probably not.

In my mind, minimum I would do is to do everything inside a sanitized glovebox but that would still not be sterile. Someone (goingon4t?) said he pressure cooked sealed vials of gear. This is the route I would take if I was preparing gear to give others.

A couple of things, you mention boiling after measuring everything.....I hope you meant heating? Are you concerned about the sterilization process of your vials, stoppers, etc, or the transfer process when it is temporarily exposed to air?

That will not be sterile. Will it be good enough? Maybe .. Would I do try it and inject myself? Maybe. Would i give the gear to anyone else - probably not.

In my mind, minimum I would do is to do everything inside a sanitized glovebox but that would still not be sterile. Someone (goingon4t?) said he pressure cooked sealed vials of gear. This is the route I would take if I was preparing gear to give others.

I read into dry heat sterilization and the temperatures and times tested in lab environments and have incorporated that into my experiments. Yes a "sanitized glove box" would be best, but I'd argue what I'm doing is sufficient. I had looked into pressure cookers and autoclaves but decided on dry heat sterilization. I'm interested in what youre saying about pressure cooking sealed vials but fail to see how this would help... explanation?

A couple of things, you mention boiling after measuring everything.....I hope you meant heating? Are you concerned about the sterilization process of your vials, stoppers, etc, or the transfer process when it is temporarily exposed to air?

I take a pot, put a bracket or small plate, and pour water. I bring to a boil then get it to a low rolling boil. Then I put the beaker in this double boiler set up. Oil heats to about 180-200' and I was concerned about sterilization processes in general. I know the air isn't actually of concern unless theres a fan or ventilation, or youre an aids patient with cancer and tuberculosis.

So once you figure out how to use bottle tops theyre super legit. I figured out how to seal it up and keep the psi around 5-7. Took longer but you wont crack the filter. Figuring out how to keep vacume was a major pain in the ass as well.

This is my set up:

1) Alcohol wash vials, rinse with distilled water and individually wrap them in foil. Put them in the oven at 400' for 1 hour.

2) Mix raws oil and solvents and put in a double boiler to heat til its clear. Cool to 120'.

3) Pour in filter, crank psi to 7.

4) Warm filtered solution and pour into clean sterile container (rinsed covered and baked at 400' for 1 hour). Draw solution into syringe and inject through foil into vials.

5) Bake vials at 360' for 1 hour.

6) When they're cool enough to touch remove foil, take alcohol soaked stoppers and crimp tops.

I have tried three different brews without problem.My only concern is whether I've cooked off the BA or destroyed any of the hormone.

Your process sounds good, I dont see the need to bake after the filtration. I have never baked after the filtration process and have never had an issue after more than 3 years of brewing.

Cracking filters does suck!

Your process sounds good, I dont see the need to bake after the filtration. I have never baked after the filtration process and have never had an issue after more than 3 years of brewing.

Cracking filters does suck!

Just an extra measure: I figured BA, 0.2 filter, dry sterilization vials, alcohol soaked stoppers and baked gear before closing would eliminate any possibility.

I'm pissed though. I do a small subq injection as a test before doing intramuscular a day or two later - Id rather drain a skin deep abcess than one deep in the muscle. Well the 1-test c hurts going in (like stings REALLY bad) next day it was slightly red and itchy and today its tender and swollen. I have drawn a circle to test for cellulitis, but I'm worried its either a) crashing in the muscle (it crashes easy) or b) I'm rejecting the guiacol. I made 4 versions
1) 150mg 2% ba 23% bb 10% g
2) 150mg 2% ba 23% bb 5% g
3) 150mg 2% ba 18% bb 14% eo 10% g
4) 150mg 2% ba 18% bb 14% eo 5% g
I had tested #1 and just tried #3 and both were painful.

Top Bottom