Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bicep's Peak

I know it is not the answer you would like to hear.... but you can do all the concentration, preacher and hammer curls till your balls fall off..... if you do not have the genetics for a biceps peak.... it simply ain`t gonna happen.

Having said that, my choice would be seated incline curls to bring out your biceps peak potential to its genetic max.

Peace

so you do kind of like a 5x5?
i'd like to get into that but i'm pretty sure i'm going to try the omega project. anyways thanks for all of the advice guys, i hope all of us overcome our weak points!

he uses sound training principles which are the basis of 5x5. sound principles are the foundation for any "routine". a more appropriate phrase for routine is simply a period in time.

IMO, getting all crazy with these 20 different types of curls is insane. Just do 1 or 2 different ones. If you want some bicep mass, curls aren't gona get you there. that fast. Lifting heavy is where you get the mass. BB rows, squats and deadlifts. YES, squats and deadlifts will make your arms bigger. Your body will respond better for growth to deadlifts better than anything else, because you can lift the most weight with that excercise. Your arms will get much stronger and thicker by doing them than 1 billion sets of curls and tri extensions of various kinds. That's not to say bicep curls don't have their place, cuz they do.

Your bicep will not change shape. They are naturally the shape they are. Doing different angles of curls, etc will only develop the bicep further. You can't grow a peak on your arm if your BI's are natural flat. It doesnt happen.

Having said that, 90% of people will have a "peak" if there biceps are well developed, and they are fairly lean.

hopefully years of heavy rows, deadlifts, chins, and squats will do the trick along with a little bicep isolation work

hopefully years of heavy rows, deadlifts, chins, and squats will do the trick along with a little bicep isolation work

That's the ticket. The curls are the addition to the heavy lifting.

Sometimes it does bother me when people say, "oh just focus on bench, squats, deads and rows." Duh, obviously you gotta do those, and they are the staple of your workout. Make sure you expend all of your energy doing the main stuff. Throwing in some curls, extensions to finish off will always give that extra touch at the end.

As long as you get those heavy compound excercises in, you are good to go.

On the polar opposite, i laugh inside at the guys with 14" arms that spend all day doing curls and extensions just dreaming of having thick 18" arms. They'll never get there doing that. sometimes I want to tell them why they aren't seeing the progress they want, but then, people dont want a pompous know-it-all telling them what to do. Although I'm not like that, people get that impression when someone tries to tell someone else how to lift. So, let them learn on their own.

Top Bottom