Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anyone ever use a cordless phone scanner?

Razorguns

Years ago...

I had a friend who bought this Radio Shack scanner. An older, out of production model. He made some small schematic changes inside the unit, and was able to hear everyone's phone calls in his surrounding block. It was a total blast at parties. Total laugh riot.

Feds got privy to what people were doing, and this Radio Shack scanner was taken off the market quickly. Apparently now, you can still do it -- but requires a LOT more schematic changes to pick up the same frequencies. And not sure if it works with newer 900Mhz phones.

From what i've read on the web -- digital cell phone calls are compressed and impossible to decipher w/o special equipment. So i doubt any scanners exist for them.

So has anyone have one, used one, built one, know where to get one, tried one, had a PI build one, etc. for cordless phones?

btw: When i say the comedy is out of the world listening to these calls -- that's a MAJOR under-statement.

From what i have heard you can still do it. Some scanners only require the snip of a single wire while others will require a chip or soldering. The newer cellphones are no longer analog so without very fancy computer equipment (like you see on the HBO show "the wire") i dont think you could do it.

Baby scanners have been known to pick up the 900mhz cordless phones and the newer ones are over 5 ghz

Yep. A friend's dad had one from Radio Shack as a kid. We always hoped we hear some phone sex or something. Don't think we ever did.

Yeah, but I didn't use a scanner, per se ;)

Lota break up calls on Friday nights. Some of those girls are ruthlessly good actors.
S&M calls were funny...some dudes are into freaky shit.

Top Bottom