Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

OK Ladies - postworkout nutrition....

T

The Shadow

Ideally, one would consume a post workout drink consisting mainly of glucose and protein within thirty minutes after training. The meal, being in liquid form allows the body to absorb and digest it quickly, which is exactly what your muscles need at this point. 1-2 hours later, you would then consume a whole food meal. As a general rule, the amount of carbs to consume following an intense weight training session is five grams of carbs per every ten pounds of bodyweight. This means a 200lb male would consume 100 grams of carbohydrates. Of course this would be mixed with 40-50 grams of protein, preferably in the form of whey as your body will digest and utilize the whey rather quickly. For a less intense session, such as the training of arms, a smaller muscle group, the number of carbs would be less as it takes less glycogen to replenish smaller muscle groups. Those attempting to lose bodyfat would certainly lower the number of carbohydrates as well as those who are training shortly before bedtime.

the carbs that you are talking about is in the meal 1-2 hrs AFTER WO & POST WO PROTEIN DRINK ... correct?

Ideally, one would consume a post workout drink consisting mainly of glucose and protein within thirty minutes after training.

^^^^HAS CARBS

O.k. so should I skip the pork loin for dinner since that will be post work-out and eat my sweet potato first and drink a protein shake with oil right after it? Then before bed eat my pork loin steak?

treilin said:
O.k. so should I skip the pork loin for dinner since that will be post work-out and eat my sweet potato first and drink a protein shake with oil right after it? Then before bed eat my pork loin steak?

Ok...

Post workout - carbs and protein, right?

so - potatoe and shake....no fat.

then before bed pork and beans wopuld be pretty close to perfect....

just kppe carbs immed postworkout to 35-50

I've said it before, and I'll say it again .......

I NEVER use carbs PWO. I've tried it, and DID NOT notice a difference in recovery or results.

Now, I have never TRUELY "bulked", so maybe I might notice something then, I can't speak on that. But when cutting, and maintaining, I do not find carbs PWO beneficial for ME. Like I said, I tried it, and found no difference. So why use them?

Only thing that I do occasionally, is eat when I get home from the workout if I am STARVING - not a shake - but lean meat plus veggie - no starchy/simple carbs. (I always workout in the late evening)

Just my simple input.

Daisy_Girl said:
I've said it before, and I'll say it again .......

I NEVER use carbs PWO. I've tried it, and DID NOT notice a difference in recovery or results.

Now, I have never TRUELY "bulked", so maybe I might notice something then, I can't speak on that. But when cutting, and maintaining, I do not find carbs PWO beneficial for ME. Like I said, I tried it, and found no difference. So why use them?

Only thing that I do occasionally, is eat when I get home from the workout if I am STARVING - not a shake - but lean meat plus veggie - no starchy/simple carbs. (I always workout in the late evening)

Just my simple input.

everyone is an individual.....

HEAVY training for me, requires carbs......if I eat them at any other time except postworkout I do not lose fat.

PWo carbs will blunt cortisol and replenish workout induced loss of glycogen.

but.....to each his/her own

Daisy.....do you rememebr what type of carbs./when you were taking them in??

Malto powder. I just didn't see a point to continue. My hubby uses it though, he seems to like it.

I am just a anomoly. :)

Top Bottom