Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

cortisone shots interaction w/aas

jackedcpa

so i put up my first post a while back-- talking about how i have a torn rotator cuff. the doc says i need surgery and is suggesting shots of cortisone in the meantime.
i know i shouldnt be working out but i cant just "stop". i hit legs real hard and can only use machines for most upper body parts. i also just started using small amounts of eq (300 mg/week for 15 weeks is what i planned on doing) 5 weeks ago. believe it or not i actually feel the drug at those low doses and it makes my shoulder feel better. i am trying hard to maintain or even harden up a bit since i cant go heavy.
but how will the cortisone intefer with the eq in my system? i know i shouldnt be on gear so dont talk shit to me. i def. need surgery. should i go w/ cortisone or not. i dont want to unless it will actually help to heal my injury. advice on recuperation, healing, training, drugs, supps..........please. thanks

cortisone will induce a catabolic state, although I can't say to what extent because I'm far from a expert on the stuff. The eq would definately help because of its anti-catabolic properties, but I don't know if that would make it pointless to take the cortisone shots.

Nevermind bro, I don't know and I'm not gonna pretend I do.

jackedcpa said:
so i put up my first post a while back-- talking about how i have a torn rotator cuff. the doc says i need surgery and is suggesting shots of cortisone in the meantime.
i know i shouldnt be working out but i cant just "stop". i hit legs real hard and can only use machines for most upper body parts. i also just started using small amounts of eq (300 mg/week for 15 weeks is what i planned on doing) 5 weeks ago. believe it or not i actually feel the drug at those low doses and it makes my shoulder feel better. i am trying hard to maintain or even harden up a bit since i cant go heavy.
but how will the cortisone intefer with the eq in my system? i know i shouldnt be on gear so dont talk shit to me. i def. need surgery. should i go w/ cortisone or not. i dont want to unless it will actually help to heal my injury. advice on recuperation, healing, training, drugs, supps..........please. thanks
Cortisone will mask the pain and make you feel better when in fact you are not better.If you need surgery get it done,rehab the shoulder then start lifting again.

cortisone is a super strong antiinflammatory, it could possibly create physical change in spinal shots if it could shrink inflammation enough to let shit get back aligned and where it's supposed to be and heal. but it doesn't directly heal anything and more like he said mask the problem for a while. as far as catabolic states, hehe, i think you really are smoking too much catabolic pot

Bro, cortisone is the polar opposite of AAS. I fucked up my shoulder and got a corti shot too. You know what, My front delt has never recovered to this day, and that was in 2001 and I had surgery in 2002. I wouldn't get it bro. Just go get your surgery, go to PT, then run a nice bulker when you are back to "100%" I put it in parentheses because I have never been back 100% after my surgery. Shoulder surgery is a bitch.

as far as catabolic states, hehe, i think you really are smoking too much catabolic pot[/QUOTE]
bro catobolic pot is the best shit out there.......... :p
nah but thanks for the fast responses guys. does anybody know why cortisone has "catabolic-like" effects?
p.s i am not gonna get the shot then !
also, is the eq that studip of me to do right now?

i haven't read anything on cortisone bro, but i've had one in my back, didn't help too much, chiropractor helped out big time. but i don't know of any side effects like catabolic states. hehe, it fucked me up for 2-3 hours. couldn't walk straight.

well i know that when your are stressed out your body naturally releases cortisone. which is one reason you tend to loose some weight during times of stress. cortisone does tend to break down muscle. but cortisone is actually classified as a steriod so that is why i am confused.

jackedcpa said:
well i know that when your are stressed out your body naturally releases cortisone. which is one reason you tend to loose some weight during times of stress. cortisone does tend to break down muscle. but cortisone is actually classified as a steriod so that is why i am confused.

Steroid yes, corticosteroid that is, not anabolic steroid. Some anti-inflammatory creams are steroids too, some nasal sprays are classified as steroids. Dark is to light as anabolic is to catabolic. They are both steroids, but cortisone is the opposite of anabolic. Soooooo not good for your muscle.

jackedcpa said:

hmm, interesting. but i think when you get stressed you get fat

Top Bottom