Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ab Workout

Gawd

Does anyone got any good ab workouts?
I do ab's on my cardio days but right now i'm basically just doing Crunches / Planks supersetted with Back extensions.
So i'm looking for a solid ab Routine. Need to try to burn the fat and tone the muscle in around my belly.

I like this

A1: Decline Cable Situp x 8
A2: Weighted Hypers x 12
rest 1 min, repeat once

B1: Hanging Leg Raise x failure (usually around 20 on first set)
B2: Weighted Hypers x 12
rest 1 min, repeat once

Try variations of the plank. Put your hands on a medicine ball instead of the floor. Or, put your feet on a exercise ball and hands on the floor. Or, put your forearms on the exercise ball, feet on the floor and have someone lightly kick the ball around from all directions while you maintain your balance.

If fat loss is your goal you want to keep your heart rate up. A few of my other favorites that hit it all are:

1. Lay on a decline bench with your head at the higher end. Reach behind you and hold on to the end of the bench with your hands. Place a dumbbell between your feet. Bend your knees slightly and lift your legs as if doing a leg raise with a final crunch at the top (lifting hips off the bench). Return to start position nice and slow.

2. Lay flat on the floor with arms extended holding a barbell loaded with weight over your chest (you'll want a spot or use the smythe machine). With your body completely flat on the floor bring straight legs up and over to one end of the barbell. Return almost to floor and repeat on other side. Continue until you puke.

3. Decline crunches with weighted plate held behind the head and a final squeeze at the top.

Good luck ;-)

Does anyone got any good ab workouts?
I do ab's on my cardio days but right now i'm basically just doing Crunches / Planks supersetted with Back extensions.
So i'm looking for a solid ab Routine. Need to try to burn the fat and tone the muscle in around my belly.

You can't "spot burn" fat in specific areas (unfortunately). In order to loose the fat around your muscle you are going to have to loose fat in general. Unfortunately the stomach area is usually the first place people put on fat and last place people will remove the fat from.

To loose the fat simply eat less calories then you burn each day.

The ab work will develop those ab muscles so when the fat is gone they will show through nice.

hanging knee raises (dont swing, nice and slow, and squeeze your knees trying to touch your chest) 3 sets of 12-15

kneeling rope cable crunches (dont just pull the rope down towards the floor, curl it in towards your knees like a roll of newspaper) 3 sets of 12-15

db side bends (dont go to heavy or your obliques will get bigger and you wont see the v-taper in the abs, i use 25lb db, 30 reps each side)

some extra oblique work i like to do. broomstick twist sitting on a bench. 3 sets of 50 (25 each side)

Nice, Thanks.. lots of good variety here i'll incorporate.
I tried "Killer Ab" workout that nbafan posted, didnt look like much until i got doing it, you really feel it.

Top Bottom