Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

why the eagles will win the superbowl this season

• Thread starter Thread starter madbomber31
  • Start date Start date
M

madbomber31

because last year i said i liked there chances... and because prior to the season 2 years ago i said "within 3 years the eagles will win the superbowl"... this is year 3....

my reasoning-
donovan mcnabb is simply the most important player in the NFL... he cannot be replaced... i know i know, marshall faulk... but guess what? faulk was replaces very well in indy... faulk is even replaced well with canidate in the rams backfield...

the running game will be solid... duce is healthy, his foot isnt even a concern, nor is his shoulder.. he is 100% and if thats not enough they have levens now... solid player and wont have to risk a lot of injuries with being the main ball carrier.... now, thats fine and dandy, right? not so fast... brian westbrook was a god at villanova and looks good so far (from what i read and from the limited plays i saw of him)... he is fast, kinda like a dunn style back (who they tried to get in FA)... the league should be happy buck got hurt, or else this was gonna be child abuse!

tight end is a 2 time probowler, simple as that... the OL is in tact this year, no new injuries like what happened to bubba miller last year... miller is gone and fraley just keeps on playing hard...

the wide receivers... i know i know, NOBODY thinks these guys are any good... but the fact of the matter is last year was there first season with donovan... and look what happened when they got on track!!! ask any tampa fan, or giant fan (even mouthfulofcock)... ask the bears fans... donovan is deadly and the group of WR's is better than last year... a year older, a year wiser... and a little deeper (freddie milons)... freddie mitchell is the key here though, if he improves and makes himself more of a threat, this offense is not just pretty good, its awesome.

DEFENSE...

this will be the third straight season they are the best defense in football... they were better than baltimore, better than the bears... THE BEST IN FOOTBALL!!! teams kick FG's against them... teams get beat up...

trotter is gone? so what!!! they actually got BETTER with kirkland... trotter was on his way out last year (hence no contract). trotter makes some bad decisions, yes he is awesome but he costs the team yards here and there... usually his angle is off and it allows a fast back to go by him (ask rams fans)...
they loss mike caldwell... 90% of you would say "who?" my point exactly.. mike was a decent player but not GOOD! shawn barber is better than caldwell and i actually think quinton caver is too.. i like caver but eagles people dont think he is improving enough... when he played he pressured people...

The dline is banged up but derrick burgess is going to be the biggest surprise in football this year... he will have a chance to destroy some teams... simon next to him and douglas on the other end is gonna draw too much attention for the offenses to block burgess well...

secondary? hahahahahaha, taylor, vincent, dawkins, and bishop!! thats fucking devastating!!! and they drafted lewis and sheppard... they are going to smother receivers... my only hope is that someone beats out wallace for the 3rd CB spot... he plays stupid.

special teams is good with westbrook and mitchell...

god damn, the ONLY weak spot anyone could point out is the WR's and just wait.... just wait.....

i also believe the main competition in the NFC is the rams, niners, and bucs...

rams are not as good as even last year and no where near 3 years ago... i do like terrance wilkins in that system though, i think he will replace hakim well... but i'm still not sold on them as a team... i dont think they improved.

the niners are iffy with me... will they be better than last year? they better be... how can you bet against owens and garcia combo??? barlow is a year older and hearst a year healthier.

bucs- offense??? if gruden can work his magic the bucs will be there in the nfc championship game... if he cant fix that offense they wont... but man, imagine alstott 10 times, then pittman 10 times... OUCH!!! pittman is a fuckin man

I agree with you up to a point. The nfce will be tougher than you think not because of any real offensive competition but the other 3 teams of 3 of the top 4 defenses in the league so you have a lot of great ds and some average offenses in the nfce.

The nfcw is almost the exact opp. A shit load of offenses that make your mouth water at fantasy draft time.

SHould be interesting. I do think the Eagles will win the division I just don't know if the can get past San fran or St. louis.

I would like to see someone else in there...believe me, I really mean that.

For the AFC I think you are going to have another year of..oh fuck where did they come from. Lots of great match ups and comp in the AFC.

I think also chicago will make noise but end up a non factor at the end of the season. Sort of like Miami who is my dark horse in the AFC.

with williams, i dont think you can call them a dark horse... i'll flat out say i like the chances of miami going... in fact they are my pick.. i think buffalo is going to scare some people but the d is just not what it was... i love drew, always have always will... he's a great pick for fantasy this year...

but williams healthy.... oh man... dare i say??? 2K?

and as for washington... THE BEST LB's in the league, easy!!! even if the ravens had their trio in tact, this group would still be better.

because they're all gonna be strapped with AK-47's and are gonna mow anyone down that get's in their way...that's the ONLY way I see them winning this year. Watch out for the fuckin' JETS BIIIIIIOTCH ;)

You forget to start your title with, "Once upon a time." and you forgot to end your tall tale with, "Meanwhile back in the real world......" :lmao:

Williams could hit 2k if he is healthy. That's a big if in Ricky land, I say dark horse because all the pundits are going to pic Pittsburgh, Denver and Oakland.

With this damn salary cap, and shallow depth in all positions...... the team that goes all the way will be the one with the least injuries.

Yes, the egales may make the big game, if they keep mcnabb heathy.

Top Bottom