Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Who else thinks the home run record is cheap now?

• Thread starter Thread starter plifter
  • Start date Start date
P

plifter

McGwire's record only lasted two years before being tied and possible broken. Even when Mac set the record Sosa was not far behind him. 50 homer seasons have become quite common. I just don't think the record is quite as impressive anymore.

plifter said:
McGwire's record only lasted two years before being tied and possible broken. Even when Mac set the record Sosa was not far behind him. 50 homer seasons have become quite common. I just don't think the record is quite as impressive anymore.

SO, by inference - you think that today's sports standards are not as impressive as they were, say 10 years ago??

When the previous record stood for close to 40 years but this one doesn't hold up for even three years it is definately cheap. Players that no one has ever heard of are smashing 45 and 50 dingers. The past 10 years have been a feast for long ball hitters because of expansion. Pitching staffs are diluted. There are a lot of guys pitching now that wouldn't have made it past triple A ball a decade ago.

yea, no real biggie anymore. I remember 3 yrs ago when the whole damn country was watching baseball just to see Mac make history. But last night, no biggie, I just caught the replay on espn.

Didn't they change the balls a few years ago....I could have sworn they had a story one time talking about them changing the core's of the baseballs from cork to rubber??

Does that sound right to anyone?

it is very feasible that before this century is over someone could hit 100 hr's in a season.

its also a lot of bullshit how pitchers a dealing up pitches for bonds to stroke just so they can go down in the record books as being the pither who gave up the homer. Start watching the way pitchers throw to him, youll see what Im talking about. it will probably be worse now than before.

There are a few factors as to why more homers are being hit.

Smaller parks, enough said.

Athletes are getting better and better.

Most important: With all the expansion in baseball as of late the starting pitchers today BLOW!! Most of these guys belong in the minors, the quality of pitching today is so dilluted no wonder more guys are hitting homers.

MLB may make some changes, move the pitchers mound higher possibly. But fans like high scoring games so maybe not.

Dogballs said:
it is very feasible that before this century is over someone could hit 100 hr's in a season.

its also a lot of bullshit how pitchers a dealing up pitches for bonds to stroke just so they can go down in the record books as being the pither who gave up the homer. Start watching the way pitchers throw to him, youll see what Im talking about. it will probably be worse now than before.

While agree with your 2nd paragraph, who remembers who pitched Big Mac his 70th homer? Not too many. It's no big deal.

Chan Ho Park will pitch him a nice fastball right down the middle, because he could care less.

The Nature Boy said:
There are a few factors as to why more homers are being hit.

Smaller parks, enough said.

Athletes are getting better and better.

Most important: With all the expansion in baseball as of late the starting pitchers today BLOW!! Most of these guys belong in the minors, the quality of pitching today is so dilluted no wonder more guys are hitting homers.

MLB may make some changes, move the pitchers mound higher possibly. But fans like high scoring games so maybe not.

next year mac will be back

Top Bottom