Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Who are your baseball MVP's so far?

CLEMENS HAS AL CY YOUNG ON LOCK DOWN.

IF THE CUBS WIN THE DIVISION, I'D SAY SAMMY SHOULD BE MVP. OTHER THAN THAT.........BONDS.

KAYNE

OH YEAH, THAT GUY UHHHHHHHH, WHATS HIS NAME? OH YEAH.....SUZUKI. HE'S PRETTY GOOD FOR THE AL.

Thick dog said:
AL- Ichiro Suzuki and Bret Boone almost cancel each other out, so I go with Manny Ramirez. He has all but singlehandedly kept the Sox in the Pennant race, a remarkable feat considering the Sox injuries. ARod has some incredible numbers, but the Rangers were out of it from day 1.

NL-It's really close between Luis Gonzalez, Barry Bonds and Sammy Sosa. Although Bonds and Sosa I think have carried their teams a little more, Gonzalez is hitting in the .350 range, which is incredible for the power numbers he has, so he woul dbe the frontrunner

The CY Youngs are Roger Clemens and Randy Johnson, without much competition.

I will go with ya on all those...... altho watch for Schilling if he keeps it up..... 50 less K's than the Big Unit but just won his 18th last night and his era is not that much higher.

AL- Manny Ramirez or Juan Gonzalez, but i think itll be Manny since hes basically the main reason the Sox are wininig.. also he was going for the triple crown at one point of the season... but i don' see it happening..

NL- Sosa or Gonazalez... Bonds just hits homers.... Sosa does the same but gives the team lots of hits and RBI's as well... but Gonzalez is doing the same and has the average to show it.

CY Young.... Roger Clemens is a definate... 16-1 at 39 years old... cmon.

Then its between Randy Johnson and Curt Schilling. But i think it will be randy since his ERA is lower and doesn't give up that many hits and homers as schilling does, despite his 18 wins.

NL: Sosa/Bonds/Gonzo
AL: Giambi

Cy NL: Johnson/Schilling/Maddux/Burkett
Cy AL: Clemens/Hudson/Mulder

It'll come down to September. If Hudson goes 7-0 with a 1.23 ERA like he did last September and the A's make the playoffs, how can he not win it?

WizKid25 said:

NL- Bonds just hits homers....

Interesting stats for you to look at..... keep in mind I can't fucking stand Barry as a person but the guy is one of if not the best all around players ever...
Bonds...
G AB R H HR RBI BB SO SB CS OBP SLG AVG
111 358 89 109 51 102 119 75 8 2 .484 .813 .304
Gonzo
G AB R H HR RBI BB SO SB CS OBP SLG AVG
120 457 101 157 45 111 62 64 1 1 .434 .718 .344

Bonds avg 40 points lower,
AB's 100 less, runs scored only 12 less, hits 48 less but only 9 less RBI, BB's Bonds has almost 2 times as many of course that is why his OBP is 50 points higher than Gonzo's, Slugging % Bonds is almost 100 points higher.

So Bonds gets on base more, but his teammates don't score him, has hit more HR's than Gonzo, only has 9 RBI less than Gonzo, strikes out more than Gonzo but has put himself in scoring position 7 more times than Gonzo.

Aren't stats fun:D

Top Bottom