Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Who are your baseball MVP's so far?

Thick dog

AL- Ichiro Suzuki and Bret Boone almost cancel each other out, so I go with Manny Ramirez. He has all but singlehandedly kept the Sox in the Pennant race, a remarkable feat considering the Sox injuries. ARod has some incredible numbers, but the Rangers were out of it from day 1.

NL-It's really close between Luis Gonzalez, Barry Bonds and Sammy Sosa. Although Bonds and Sosa I think have carried their teams a little more, Gonzalez is hitting in the .350 range, which is incredible for the power numbers he has, so he woul dbe the frontrunner

The CY Youngs are Roger Clemens and Randy Johnson, without much competition.

I like Randy Johnson for the Cy Young. I agree with your analysis it's just the big bird is a little bit on the crazy side.

Luis Gonzales---

batting average--.344-----3rd in NL
HR--45------------------------2nd in NL
RBI-----111-------------------2nd in NL

Hands down MVP for the NL if the season were to end right now. He is all the offense for the D-backs, thus MVP.

Pisses

me off that he didn't do that when he was with the Stroes....but then again, he wasn't into the juice then either.

My awards go to....

AL MVP : Manny Ramirez
Reason: See THICK DOG :D

NL MVP: Barry Bonds
Reason: Giants go to playoffs and keep the D'backs and Dodgers off their ass, its cuz of him. Their pitching is barely above average, defense is ok, and Jeff Kent is having an off year. Galarraga is a nice addition, but Barry has carried the squad thus far.

AL CY YOUNG: Roger Clemens
Reason: No other pitcher in the AL has been really dominant ALL year

NL CY YOUNG: John Leiber
Reason: Cubs ace, carrying their pitching staff, and Randy Johnson and Curt Schilling cancel each other out...Watch out, John Leiber is the sleeper in this race

John Lieber over Randy?

the cubs pitching is the only reason they are doing good. Bere, Wood and Lieber are all having good years.

Randy Johnson is the Cy young because he is the best pitcher in baseball.

Shit, d-backs might get the MVP and Cy yound awards.

Sorry Natty MIke, but my reasoning is just like Thick Dog's reasoning why Ichiro and Bret Boone cancel each other out.

When I think of individual awards, I think of the standout for the team doing well.

Leiber is far and beyond in the consitency category compared to his teammates in the rotation. He has some nasty stuff at times (seen this past year and even when they beat the Stro's two days ago)

Randy and Curt just cancel each other out. They are both the nastiest pitchers in the NL without a doubt, but the writers who will vote will give split their votes to either randy or curt, thus causing both to lose some votes because of each other.

Leiber will get some major votes and my edge out both of the D'backs.

I see your reasoning Kak

but if you do it like that, I think Maddux is the man,

Lieber---W--16
-----------L---5
--------era-.329
Strikeouts--107(lowest in the top 10)

Maddux--W--15
------------L---7
-----era-------2.89
strikeouts---142

Cy Young IMO--

1. Schilling
2. Johnson--(either one)
3. Maddux
4. Lieber

While Lieber has done some great things for the Cubs and held that staff together, the criteria for the Cy YOung and MVPs are slightly different. The MVP goes to the player who is most valuable to his team, no tto the guy who had the best season, although the 2 many times go hand in hand. The CY Young goes to the pitcher who had the best season, and is usually based on statistics alone. Lieber may be more valuable to the Cubs than either Johnson or Shilling to the DBacks, but his numbers don't quite match theirs, and Randy's are slightly better than Shillings, although he has the better record.

Top Bottom