Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Whats Up With All The Pro Bodybuilders lifting With Speed?

• Thread starter Thread starter ShowKidd
  • Start date Start date
DaveTSI said:
that is not good advice bro, 99% of the people on this entire board should not train anything like a professional body builder.

Would/or do you?

Looking at those huge ass legs Id think so

deathdroprob said:
Would/or do you?

Looking at those huge ass legs Id think so

He looks the way he does because he hoists heavy ass weights. I don't care who you are, but lifting slow on the concentric is not going to make you big. All this 3030 tempo shit is stupid. Explode the concentric and control the eccentric. The faster your concentric and the more force you apply to the weight means more muscle fiber recruitment. It is proven.

every pumped muscular guy i see at my gym never uses full range of motion, always contracting the muscles with 8 - 12 reps, resting very little between sets <super sets, drop sets etc>. every big, but fat guy i see at the gym does about 5 - 8 reps, slowly, full range of motion with 3 - 5 minutes of rest between sets.

To me it seems the big fat guy will always be able to lift more weight, be the best bouncer in the world, but run a 15 minute mile. The muscular ripped guy looks like he could play any sport he wants above average, and run a 7 minute mile.

I think it all just boils down to what do you want to be?

SouthernLord said:
He looks the way he does because he hoists heavy ass weights. I don't care who you are, but lifting slow on the concentric is not going to make you big. All this 3030 tempo shit is stupid. Explode the concentric and control the eccentric. The faster your concentric and the more force you apply to the weight means more muscle fiber recruitment. It is proven.

+1 and yes, time under tension is b.s.

i think another good example of this is in rowing. how can you do a real row without accelerating the bar to your chest? they are dynamic in nature.

Top Bottom