Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What were the best and worst depictions of anabolic steroids on TV and in the movies?

Re: What were the best and worst depictions of anabolic steroids on TV and in the mov

Don't forget Vera De Milo (Jim Carrey) from In Living Color!

Oh my how could I have forgotten Vera De Milo. I was a kid in HS when that show was on and I remember I had no idea what the hell she was doing when she would down all the horse pills. The uni-brow was fricken hillarious as well. Vera was showing a some signs of virilization eh? Hahaha, classic.

Re: What were the best and worst depictions of anabolic steroids on TV and in the mov

The Gumbal piece was the best/most accurate.

Everything else is nonsense. That Ben Affleck clip is hilarious.

In all fairness, the media/entertainment industry just isn't capable of handling the topic. Hell, there have been hundreds of movies about the music business and I'd say that maybe TWO have been anywhere near reality.

There was one years ago, some after school story special that showed the "dangers of steroids". It showed some middle aged married man weighing a whopping 130lbs taking one shot and then immediately slapping his wife around and crying because his testicles shrunk up.

Then he got fired from his job for having a bad attitude and being angry all the time and for skipping work so he could work out for hours all the time.

then he snapped and attacked his kid.

Then he was seen a day later (in the summer) wearing a turtle neck to hide his acne.

In between these dowhaditty scenes, it showed him training at his home and doing absolutely nothing but lat pulldowns. He was so skinny you could see his ribs.

It was terrible.

I think that show 30days did an episode on steroid use. Also the wrestler who started the whole mess in the media (cant think of his name for the life of me).

There was one years ago, some after school story special that showed the "dangers of steroids". It showed some middle aged married man weighing a whopping 130lbs taking one shot and then immediately slapping his wife around and crying because his testicles shrunk up.

Then he got fired from his job for having a bad attitude and being angry all the time and for skipping work so he could work out for hours all the time.

then he snapped and attacked his kid.

Donna Yaklich Story

See Strangers Beside Me: Lifetime Movie Review: Cries Unheard: The Donna Yaklich Story (1994)

Top Bottom