Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Want to install Windows 7 Student version just do this!

bakemeacookie

Once you install and it quits with an error, just do this:

1. Download this tool — alternatively you can obtain the official pack from Microsoft, but that's a whole darn gigabyte.

2. Unzip and move oscdimg.exe to your System32 directory (likely to be C:\Windows\System32)

3. Open an elevated command prompt. In Vista you do this by typing 'cmd' into your 'Start Menu' and hitting ctrl+shift+enter. In XP, just type 'cmd' into the Run dialogue (Windows Key+R or from your Start Menu).

4. Type (or copy and paste) the following into your command prompt (this will vary a little, depending on where you've put your expandedSetup folder):

oscdimg.exe –u2 –b"C:\expandedSetup\boot\etfsboot.com" –h "C:\expandedSetup" C:\WIN7.ISO

5. Ta'da! You've got a burnable ISO!

All you need to finish the job is a good burning application like ImgBurn, CDBurnerXP, or InfraRecorder. For this particular task I'd recommend ImgBurn – then just right click the ISO file and start the burn from your context menu. Or launch ImgBurn and choose "write image file to disc" — your choice!

No DVD burner? If you have a 4GB USB flash drive handy, check out this app!

LOL!!!! Microcrap sure is doign its' best to sell Macs! Vista #2 is about to become reality.

Windows 7 student upgrade hell - Apple 2.0 - Fortune Brainstorm Tech

College students who took advantage of a "deal too sweet to pass up" have run into a bit of trouble.

The $29 electronic version of Windows 7 Home Edition sold for Microsoft (MSFT) through Digital River (DRIV) doesn't seem to install properly on some 32-bit Vista machines.

Apparently the download files weren't properly packaged and when some users tried to "unload the box" they got an error that read:

"We are unable to create or save new files in the folder in which this application was downloaded"

A discussion thread with that title was begun on Microsoft Answers' Windows 7 install forum less than 3 hours after the new operating system launched. By Saturday morning it had generated more than 500 replies and been read nearly 44,000 times.

Microsoft acknowledged the problem Thursday evening and by Friday was reportedly offering refunds. Meanwhile, however, Microsoft technicians are pointing users to a five-step Download Squad workaround (pasted below the fold) that might be enough to send students screaming to the nearest Apple Store.

c

i'll keep my windows xp, thanks

Once you install and it quits with an error, just do this:

LOL!!!! Microcrap sure is doign its' best to sell Macs! Vista #2 is about to become reality.

College students who took advantage of a "deal too sweet to pass up" have run into a bit of trouble.

The $29 electronic version of Windows 7 Home Edition sold for Microsoft (MSFT) through Digital River (DRIV) doesn't seem to install properly on some 32-bit Vista machines.

Apparently the download files weren't properly packaged and when some users tried to "unload the box" they got an error that read:

"We are unable to create or save new files in the folder in which this application was downloaded"

A discussion thread with that title was begun on Microsoft Answers' Windows 7 install forum less than 3 hours after the new operating system launched. By Saturday morning it had generated more than 500 replies and been read nearly 44,000 times.

Microsoft acknowledged the problem Thursday evening and by Friday was reportedly offering refunds. Meanwhile, however, Microsoft technicians are pointing users to a five-step Download Squad workaround (pasted below the fold) that might be enough to send students screaming to the nearest Apple Store.

c

Upgrades (especially from Vista) are stupid all around. Clean installs ftw.

Meh. I like my Mac and my netbook. Both have their uses.

Yup I have a PC and a MAC nothing is perfect just did my upgrade to 7 this weekend. I will like it more once I have figured out how to turn of some of the pre built retared sercurity features the look and feel I do like.

Top Bottom