Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

USA Men's Basketball wins BRONZE. Did they earn their room & board?

While they didn't meet expectations, they gave up their summer to participate...while Shaq, Garnett, and many others sat at home. They did try, and for that they deserve respect.

canadianhitman said:
While they didn't meet expectations, they gave up their summer to participate...while Shaq, Garnett, and many others sat at home. They did try, and for that they deserve respect.

Exactly. They could said fuck you USA Basketball and we are just gonna stay home and count mour money. I really fault USA Basketball for how they put the team together. Then I blame the coach and yes the players deserve some blame too.

scriptfactory said:
Since when has winning a bronze medal in the Olympics been bad?

It's bad when your olympic record is something like 160-2, and you've got a pool of the best players in the world to choose from. Plus it's YOUR country's game.

I was hoping they wouldn't even medal. A lesson needs to be learned from this.

Or consider that the average salary of the player on the USA-B team is probably more than the entire non-NBA lineup of the gold medal team.

Something I think is important to note here is that teamwork is vital at the high end of the game; these guys have been playing together for maybe 2 weeks before the games started; the opposition have played together for _years_ or more.

I was always impressed in the past with how the USA team, despite being NBA players, could still compete with other teams that had their teamwork _down_.

RaZor Ramon said:
Exactly. They could said fuck you USA Basketball and we are just gonna stay home and count mour money. I really fault USA Basketball for how they put the team together. Then I blame the coach and yes the players deserve some blame too.

I don't see why people are ripping the guys who didn't go. They travel a ton during the season and maybe they just felt like staying the fuck home for a while? Not everybody wants to go to the Olympics...that's their choice. That's as ridiculous as saying everybody under 25 who doesn't join the service is un-American. If I'm Shaq or some other All-star that's already gotten a medal I don't see any need to go back; it's somebody else's turn.

Dial_tone said:
I don't see why people are ripping the guys who didn't go. They travel a ton during the season and maybe they just felt like staying the fuck home for a while? Not everybody wants to go to the Olympics...that's their choice. That's as ridiculous as saying everybody under 25 who doesn't join the service is un-American. If I'm Shaq or some other All-star that's already gotten a medal I don't see any need to go back; it's somebody else's turn.

But pulling out after you've committed is unacceptable.

Top Bottom