Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

USA gymnastics team - I have a question...

DJ_UFO

Banned
I've always noticed this but since I'm watching the games these days, HOW IN THE WORLD THESE BROS DEVELOP THOSE BICEPS?? They look unreal; absolutely developed in the lower and upper portion with a big round ball in the middle. It seems to be a characteristic of most gymnastics unless blocked by genetics but under normal bodies, is the same. What is it? high volume-high weights? over training? key exercises? low weight-high volume? or is just playing with your own body weight the whole fuckin day?
:evil:

I'll bet if you asked them, they wouldn't know or care. They do have a pretty jacked look to them, but its simply a bi product of their hard work and training to do shit like the rings. Start ring training and doing the horse and all that stuff and your biceps are sure to follow. Makes me think that bodyweight exercises are underrated.

ryno9000 said:
I'll bet if you asked them, they wouldn't know or care. They do have a pretty jacked look to them, but its simply a bi product of their hard work and training to do shit like the rings. Start ring training and doing the horse and all that stuff and your biceps are sure to follow. Makes me think that bodyweight exercises are underrated.

That's what I've been thinking. Might be the stress of the whole arm supporting the body weight. These guys train real hard. Hard as none of us workout at the gym; these bros basically eat to train, sleep to train and train to win.

Anyhow I'd like to pin point what exactly develop the bicep like that. That way, there might be a chance to include some of that on a workout routine.

i was gonna make a post on this!

it's like they have this full roundness. I thought it might be because they are short and the muscle bellies are shorter so this is just a by product. i think something has to do with the way the muscle is trained, excessive glycogen storage to give it a full pumped look all the time?

Arms & shoulders take most of the body weight on the horse, rings, parralel bars & even in the floor routine.

nzrodney said:
Arms & shoulders take most of the body weight on the horse, rings, parralel bars & even in the floor routine.
+1
All of what they do involves the arms, shoulder and back which is why those muscle groups are so prominant and on top of being short, they hardly have any body fat so they look ripped to shreds. The Ring event has to be the most impressive display of upper body strength imaginable. Also, these guys have been doing this since they were practically babies so all those years of training has a lot to do with that degree of muscular development.

I was tripping out on what the comentators said about the chinese athletes and how they are chosen. The Chinese gov't literally waits for these athletes to be born and plucks them away from there parents at the age of three and put them to work. Yao Ming is another example of this. They are only allowed to see there parents once a year. Now I don't know about you but that would probably mess with my head in the long run. Cuba has a similar way of recruiting athletes and musicians but not quite as exagerated.

Lads

Next time you are in the gym have a go at a few of the really basic moves of some of the gymnasts

When hanging from a chin up bar, see if you can bring your legs up to have your toes touch the bar above your head, keeping your legs straight

When sitting on the floor with your legs in front of your, see if you can lift your weight off the ground with your legs being held out directly in front of you (some of the male gymnasts do this with their legs behind them).

Laying face down on the floor, drag your body into a pike postion, then pull into a headstand and then press up into a handstand.

Report back please

:)

Top Bottom