Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

training for fx toughman

texasjuice

i will be fighting in the toughman contest in august. this will be my first fight. any advice on how to not get my ass beat too bad? i have had no previous stand up experience, only a little BJJ.

Good Luck....can't give any advice....just don't get beat before you get in the ring worrying about getting beat. The real character test is getting in their in the first place....anyway, go in their and win one for Texas and if you take a beating, hey, you've faced a fear and it won't be so bad next time. Again, respect is due.

I was in a toughman tournament a few months ago...
I won the first round match but then lost in the 2nd
to some kid who really knew what he was doing.
If you have access to a heavy bag, I would say that
working out on that is one of the best things you can do.
Also, find out what weight classes are going to be used in the
fight - for instance, my tournament had classes of 140-160 lbs,
161-185 lbs, and 186 + lbs. I usually weigh just over 160 but
was able to suck to about 156 and get into the lightest division
(where the competition, presumably, is not as physically strong)
dont drink for at least a week beforehand.
good luck

throw jabs not hooks and keep your hands up. Once you get hit (and you will), you will feel much better and be able to relax. Jabs are better than hooks or crosses when thrown by inexperienced fighters because they strike faster and will take the power away from an opponent's punch if thrown at the same time. Kick some ass bro and start running sprints now cardio is super importaint. Also you can run distance (3-5) miles holding rocks in your hands to build up the small stabalizer muscles that will tire first in your fight. good luck!:karate:

Top Bottom