Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

training for boxing

zestys152

I box and have had a hard time keeping my strength high when cutting weight. However endurance is even more important for me than strength(given the nature of my sport) so its a trade off im willing to live with. Im looking for a specific lifting program that would be beneficial to me while training. 1 that would help me maintain strength while increasing muscle endurance(maybe something with a lot of circuits)? If any bros could help me out it would be tremendously appreciated!!!

i fight train as well (mixed martial arts), but not for competition. circuits work real well. But i'll be honest, bb is my first passion. I find that with a standard bb routine (muscle specification) with short rest periods work really well. Try to wait no longer than 30 seconds between sets. Continue to increase your weight regularly as long as you can stay in the 8-10 rep range with perfect form. Maybe 3-5 sets per exercise. with this type of training, i've been able to keep up muscle endurance, speed and strength all together. Another thing that has really helped with increasing overall power, is focusing each week on powerlifts at least once during the week. for instance, one week you might want to bench for power...take longer rest periods, move up the weights considerably and try to get your 1 rep max up a couple times. Next week you may want to focus on back...make sure you get those heavy deads in, etc. You get the picture. Give this a shot, it's been working really well for me.

Top Bottom