Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Training again

Thaibox

Its been 3 months since my surgery so I decided to start training again. I still can't kick high or do any ground fighting. But, I can drill and condition, so I started again yesterday.

With the exception of occasionally training others and messing around, I haven't had a true training session for a long time.

I found a few things that I'm not use to......

My cardio sucks...I was weezing way too much.

My shins have some feeling again.

I'm much slower than I use to be. For the last few years, I've been training for size and power which has made it difficult to move like I should. I'm still on the upper end of the speed scale, but not what I use to be. Tsk

I've also lost some coordination. My mind doesn't react as well as it use to. Mentally, I'm not a fighter anymore, I'm a lifter. It's time to bring the fighter back.

Sitting here today with swollen knuckles, bruised and bleeding shins and forearms... I FEEL GREAT:D This weekend I'm going to have my training buddy beat the crap out of me to see if I can still take shots. Looking forward to that too:D Damn I miss fighting.

lol....S&M without the sex huh? :D

i saw your training thread about your gains.....sounds promising! <silent envy:D >

That gaining thing is weird bro. Pretty cool though:)

danielson said:
lol....S&M without the sex huh? :D
Well, I'm training my girl, so if I let her beat the shit out of me....:p

How's the Kali going btw man? Do the sticks feel like extra long/fast arms yet?

Thaibox said:
That gaining thing is weird bro. Pretty cool though:)

Well, I'm training my girl, so if I let her beat the shit out of me....:p

How's the Kali going btw man? Do the sticks feel like extra long/fast arms yet?

not quite there in terms of applying all of the techniques we've learnt, but yeah, they feel like longer arms especially during the drills.....im actually starting to get good flow of movment, and im applying the blocks in the stick drills we do. its going well.....im actually slightly annoyed as i spar more sticks than i do empty hands, and when i finally gave empty hands a go again i was sooo out of practise, my guard was all f-ed up. need to practise that more:)

Top Bottom