Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Training after back surgery?

Thaibox

Last Tuedsay I had a 2 level laminectemy/diskectomy and They say my recovery period will be around 6 weeks, and the gym is out for several months(yeah right). I can't move very much right now. I can't sit, twist, or stand without a walker. So, I'm trying to think of things I can do while I'm laying around like a slug. I bought #1, 2 and 3 COC grippers, but thats all I can think of. Anyone else gone through this, or can anyone come up with something else I can do so I don't become a super weenie? Thanks bros

electrical muscle contraction units? i have no idea what they are called, shocky thingies for all i know....might be useful for the harder muscles to train while injured.

might wanna ask your doctor about them before hand though :D

electrical muscle contraction units? i have no idea what they are called, shocky thingies for all i know....might be useful for the harder muscles to train while injured.

might wanna ask your doctor about them before hand though :D

Hey, I never thought of that. Even if they work 10% of what they claim, its still 10% more than I'm getting now. I'm gonna have to research those things and maybe I can rent one. Thanks bro, good idea:)

Tomorrow, I'm having my buddy buy a DB with 50 lbs of plates and collars, because I'm pretty sure I can at least do curls off the edge of my bed, and maybe some sort of other improvised weird lifts. But I like that electrical idea, because I can't do anything for any major muscle groups.

That sucks. The best thing you can do is try not to rush you recovery. Its hard, but it will be the best in the end. Resting will allow your body to focus on recovery. I had knee surgery 2 years ago, and I stayed out of the gym for 6 monthes. But now I'm back stronger than ever.

Thaibox said:
Hey, I never thought of that. Even if they work 10% of what they claim, its still 10% more than I'm getting now. I'm gonna have to research those things and maybe I can rent one. Thanks bro, good idea:)

Tomorrow, I'm having my buddy buy a DB with 50 lbs of plates and collars, because I'm pretty sure I can at least do curls off the edge of my bed, and maybe some sort of other improvised weird lifts. But I like that electrical idea, because I can't do anything for any major muscle groups.

on the electrical units, i;ve read theyve been used in patients with atrophy, im sure your doctor will know better, either way i think u should inform him if u get one. it would help the big muscle group training though

as for the 50lbs of plates......be VERY careful. ur not gonna lose THAT much strength, it will come back and your rehab time will be crucial as to how ur back heals. unless u can be absolutely certain u can curl ur bicep in COMPLETE isolation to your back, i really wouldnt risk it personally.....being patient now means u may hve more lifting options open to you later

Thaibox said:

Thaibox,

Chill out bro, heal up and then we'll worry about rehab. BAck injuries are nothing to play with. As far as the EMS (electrical stim) units go, check out http://charliefrancis.com/ He has a lot of info on them.

Top Bottom