Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Tiger Woods' Dad:

FrankRizzo

"I'm perceived as black in the United States. But genetically, I am one-fourth Chinese, one-fourth White, one-forth Amercan Indian and one-fourth Black. But I am Black in the United States. I don't have a drop of Italina blood in me or I'd be Italian - no, I wouldn't, not in the United States. Only if it's a black drop. That's the first problem I had. And Tiger has the same problem. He's perceived as black in the United States. In Thailand, he's perceived as Thai. In his mother's country he's Thai."

Why does the Black community embrace Tiger Woods so dearly? He is only 1/8th Black!

"And Tiger has the same problem."

Uh.

Can someone elaborate as to what exactly Tiger's problem is?

-Warik

My personal opinion (and i know i'll get flamed for this) is with Tiger's Dad..I can see his point and here's why:

Since race has been an issue ever since the slavery days, even though there are hundreds of different nationalities and mutltiple actual "races" (if you want to call it that) in this country, it has ALWAYS been about BLack or WHITE. Nothing else.

BLack and white. White and Black. Black vs. White. White vs Black.

So if I look at Tiger, yeah he's a brotha. I look at Earl, yeah he's a brotha. Does it mean i'm racist? no. It means that in our culture, we like everything black or white and not so much the gray aspect of our country..

make sense?

Top Bottom