Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Texan fans?

tgriff

I am a Houston Texan fan and am curious to see what other fans or followers of the game think they should do...Draft Vince, Reggie, or trade the pick for more picks or personnel...

they don't have the team to draft either Vince Young or Reggie Bush, IMHO.

I'd trade for several high level draft picks. they need more than just one player.

tgriff said:
I am a Houston Texan fan and am curious to see what other fans or followers of the game think they should do...Draft Vince, Reggie, or trade the pick for more picks or personnel...

I think is is pretty much a done deal. They resigned Carr and they are going to get Reggie. They may pull a fast one on Draft day and trade for an assload of picks... but Reggie is a once in a generation talent, so I think they will grab him and look O-line the rest of the draft. My uncle lives in Houston and he is hoping for that last scenario. Vince young is talented, but I don't think he is the answer for Houston. Carr is a good QB and if he had a line and a running game, he might be a great QB.

ass_face said:
Carr is a good QB and if he had a line and a running game, he might be a great QB.

Carr is a good QB but Young is a Great one.

Texans do have a RB, but there line just sucks.

What they should have done in the offseason was traded Carr to say Tampa Bay who we all know needs a good QB, for some of their OFF line. Maybe 2 decent players which would make a huge difference seeing as the Texans have no Line to speak of at all. Dumped a few existing guys who are dead wait, then drafted Young.

What they would have gained by doing this?

1) Money first and for most.
2) A Great QB ( Future NFL MVP )
3) A better Line
4) A better team with more wins.

What will they get from Bush. Not much seeing as their line still sucks and will only get Bush hurt.

To sum it up. The Texans are morons.

Hell with winning. Vince Yopung would have filled the stands every game they had at home. They'd have to add more seats. Which in the end leads to larger revenues.

Just my .02

d_o_c_ said:
Carr is a good QB but Young is a Great one.

Texans do have a RB, but there line just sucks.

What they should have done in the offseason was traded Carr to say Tampa Bay who we all know needs a good QB, for some of their OFF line. Maybe 2 decent players which would make a huge difference seeing as the Texans have no Line to speak of at all. Dumped a few existing guys who are dead wait, then drafted Young.

What they would have gained by doing this?

1) Money first and for most.
2) A Great QB ( Future NFL MVP )
3) A better Line
4) A better team with more wins.

What will they get from Bush. Not much seeing as their line still sucks and will only get Bush hurt.

To sum it up. The Texans are morons.

Hell with winning. Vince Yopung would have filled the stands every game they had at home. They'd have to add more seats. Which in the end leads to larger revenues.

Just my .02

You have no idea if Vince Young can cut it in the NFL. He did well in college using athleticism and his couple passing plays he learned, but I think he is 2-3 years away from taking command of an NFL offense. I hope I am wrong on this, but picking up and running like he did in college won't cut it in the NFL. As for the revenue he may bring, that is assuming they begin winning. IF he is a bust, the fans will soon turn away. Believe me, I hope Vince Young lights it up, but I am not sold on him as a savior.

I think Bush is the surest thing there is in this draft and he can help immediately. Either way, I think the Texans have a long road ahead of them before they are contenders.

the O-line is the most under-rated position in the NFL... With a good line, you get, a good QB plus a good RB.... They don't have to be the best RB to run through a 5 yard hole... and if the QB has all day to pass... they'll complete, they're in the NFL for a reason, they are the nations best.

Look what KC has done with Trent Green and whatever RB they play... Priest Holmes was nothin' before comming to KC. The running game sucked this year while "big Willie Roaf" was out.

The o-line sets the pace... everyone thinks it's about the QB or RB... granted it's good to be able to shake/juke a defender but damn, if you don't have to, that's where superbowls are won.

expect them to pick Reggie, I wish Vince would go nomber 1 but I doubt it.

Yeah, but vince already has the best prize; a national championship in the rose bowl, somehting that reggie will never get. Texas better get a line, or else reggie won't do shit. Without a line, I'd take vince any day of the week.

Top Bottom