Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Steroid Testing in College

MikeFBLB

Does anyone whos plays D-1a or D-1aa football tell me how the testing is done?For example when:in-season only or offseason too?Do you get a adived warning?etc.......

I-A, I-AA and II football have year-round testing - so both the season and off-season but not during the summer break. I have no personal expreience but understand for NCAA testing after a game you get an hour's notice. For out-of-competition testing your college will get no more than 48 hours notice - so you will not know until the day before the test. For the test you have to provide a urine sample (however long it takes!).

Your college may also carry out its own testing - the arrangements will vary between institutions. Because of the expense of testing for steroids it is possible a college test may not actually cover these.

The NCAA has a section of their website on their drug testing program: www1.ncaa.org/membership/ed_outreach/health-safety/drug_testing/index

The program handbook (watchout! the link on the webpage for this is out of date) and site coordinator manual describe the organisation of the testing.

In D1, athletes are tested only while school is in session. You will not be asked to take a test during Christmas break and summer break because its too hard to know if an athlete is in town or not.(back home if out of state). Therefore testing is year round during school. Your tests is usually the next day from when you are informed but sometimes may be two days later.

BIGDOG

some d1 schools have test dummies.. same person stays clean and gets tested for every school orientented drug test.. when ncaa comes in and tests nothign they can do..

Top Bottom