Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Steinbrenner just made John Henry look like a bitch

hamstershaver said:

hell yes torre is overrated the only place he has won was with the yanks, he was god awful with the cardinals, cmon who in the hell couldnt win the pennant coaching the yanks, and hell yes bad with lineups when he was batting soriano leadoff alomst all of last year, the guy can hit 40 hrs and strike out 180 times a year and you bat him first????????????????????? torre is a dip shit, its sorta like saying barry switzer was a great coach cause he won a super bowl

so what ur saying is: when the lineup does good, it's all on the players, but when they do bad it's all on the coach? it's a 2 way street my friend, if you are gonna blame Joe even a little when the lineup is hitting poorly, you have to give him some props when they are hitting well.

However, I do agree that coaching is less important in baseball than in other sports, BUT, it is key when we talking about managing players, egos, and team chemistry. The Yankees, and Joe Torre, have worked very hard to curb egos and make everyone buy into the Yankee way. What other team has its players calling the manager Mr. so and so? Respect. (Notice how Giambi shaved his goatee and cut his hair when he came to NY). It is a big factor, especially in a huge media market. Grady Little was praised in Boston b/c he had the Sox playing as a team.

hamstershaver said:

lofton is very overrated an i sure hope a rod isnt batting 3rd and giambi 4th, torre isnt the brightest light in the sky when he makes his lineups up

Lofton is not over-rated. Look what he did with San Fran, sparked them to the WS and with the Cubs, sparked them to 5 outts from the WS. He is a threat, a base stealer, a slap hitter, works the count, takes a lot of walks and a good hitter. I believe he batted .340+ a couple of years in Cleveland?

If he keeps his head on straight and doesn't cause problems, he will be the catalyst for the Yanks this year.

And winning 4 WS and being in 6 total is not considered luck for Torre.

Romo17 said:

lol, I've been a diehard fan since 73.

I've been diehard since 79 (the year of my birth!) and had to endure my childhood with the Yankees not being a very good team and had to watch my all-time favorite Yankee, Donnie Baseball, retire without a ring. Damn shame.

KillahBee said:

I've been diehard since 79 (the year of my birth!) and had to endure my childhood with the Yankees not being a very good team and had to watch my all-time favorite Yankee, Donnie Baseball, retire without a ring. Damn shame.

My very first baseball game as a kid was in 1973. At old Yankee Stadium. they played the Indians.

I have been to every World Series Game in NY since 76. And have attended at least 1 playoff round as well every year they are in. I was at last years Game 7 where Boone hit the HR. Up until that game, the World Series where Tino hit that bomb to right center to tie Arizona was the greatest game I attended. I never felt the stadium shake like it did until the Boone game. It's incredible. I wish everyone could just once, take in a Yankee game to appreciate all the history, past and present. There is truly nothing like it. Walking around the monuments is spine chilling. All the Yankee BS aside, from a baseball fans perspective, anyone will appreciate it.

It truly does feel like a shrine. I am so pumped for this season.

ny city = biggest city in the us, best team money can buy, and yet they still dont sell out every game, can you say front running fans????

hamstershaver said:
ny city = biggest city in the us, best team money can buy, and yet they still dont sell out every game, can you say front running fans????

From what I've heard, they had 3,400,000+ fans attend games last year. Now, I don't know if that's ticket sales, or attendance plus the no-shows who purchased the tickets.

According to sales so far, the Yankees could go over the 4 million mark this year for home games.

And front runners? Talk about front runners...The Marlins had an average attendance of 20+ for home games. Not until they made the playoff did the fans come in. I know it's hot in Florida, I went to school there and lived there a few times...But come on!!

haha

Top Bottom