Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Steinbrenner just made John Henry look like a bitch

When I saw that yesterday on ESPNEWS, I started LMAO. That was absolutely GREAT! He went off on him. I'm really looking forward to this season. Only if the Yankees can get some pitching...

sawastea said:
When I saw that yesterday on ESPNEWS, I started LMAO. That was absolutely GREAT! He went off on him. I'm really looking forward to this season. Only if the Yankees can get some pitching...

We'll see how our current staff does. If Brown stays healthy he can be a 20 game winner, we know what Moose can do, Vazquez will win 20, Contreras showed promise at the end of last year, and Lieber is the wild card.

Right now I see Brown and Lieber as wild cards since they are prone to injuries, however, when healthy, they are both 18+ game winners. Moose has a heluva chance to win the cy-young this year. Last I heard, Contrares could not get a VISA and he's still in Cuba, that was last week.

Line-up is SICK:

Lofton
Jeter
A-Rod
Giambi
Sheffield

What a top 5

supposedly Steinbrenner told the press that he "expects Bernie to play center" which means that Torre will do everything he can to have Bernie play center.

Isn't this hilarious? John Henry and the Red Sox went nuts this winter trying to load up, spent a ton of dough and even tried to get A-Rod and then when the Yankees reciprocated, Henry wants a salary cap. Good call.

sawastea said:

Line-up is SICK:

Lofton
Jeter
A-Rod
Giambi
Sheffield

What a top 5

lofton is very overrated an i sure hope a rod isnt batting 3rd and giambi 4th, torre isnt the brightest light in the sky when he makes his lineups up

hamstershaver said:

lofton is very overrated an i sure hope a rod isnt batting 3rd and giambi 4th, torre isnt the brightest light in the sky when he makes his lineups up
I agree that Lofton is a bit overrated, but c'mon with the Torre shit. Scoreboard. That's all you have to say in regards to him. Bad with lineups? So I guess when Giambi was stuggling and Torre put him 7th in the lineup in Game 7 and he blasted 2 homers, that was just luck?

The great thing about baseball is there are 162/163 games in the season. The line-up can always be changed. Sometimes pressure, and the NY media, can take a toll on the slugger. Heck, look at Mantle/Maris in '61. Lofton over-rated? Never really looked at him as over/under-rated. In his prime, he was one fast mo-fo. He still is fast. Between him and a B-Williams, the CF is okay (both old, but still have a little gas in them). How will Matsui play this year? All he has to worry about is getting on base b/c if posada has another nice season, he, batting 7-9th, can get 100 rbi's

KillahBee said:

I agree that Lofton is a bit overrated, but c'mon with the Torre shit. Scoreboard. That's all you have to say in regards to him. Bad with lineups? So I guess when Giambi was stuggling and Torre put him 7th in the lineup in Game 7 and he blasted 2 homers, that was just luck?

hell yes torre is overrated the only place he has won was with the yanks, he was god awful with the cardinals, cmon who in the hell couldnt win the pennant coaching the yanks, and hell yes bad with lineups when he was batting soriano leadoff alomst all of last year, the guy can hit 40 hrs and strike out 180 times a year and you bat him first????????????????????? torre is a dip shit, its sorta like saying barry switzer was a great coach cause he won a super bowl

Top Bottom