Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

Steel In The Shin From A Bone Break

Jacob Creutzfeldt

Plat Hero
Platinum
Has anyone on the board returned to a grappling sport after a shin break requiring plates and screws to be installed? I've got medical clearance to start grappling again, but truthfully I don't think my orthopedic surgeon understands the stresses the broken area will be subjected to. What problems did you encounter when making your return. Any comments are appreciated.
 
Jacob... I did not come back from a shin break but had plates/ screws from a spiral break on my right lower leg many years ago. It does affect my grappling in that an ankle lock on that leg will make me tap faster than the other. It affects my kicks too. Even a slight bang on the area can be very painful. I only train/spar now though and don't really compete anymore. I spend more time lifting as I get older. I'm closing in on 50.

Steve
 
Jacob... I did not come back from a shin break but had plates/ screws from a spiral break on my right lower leg many years ago. It does affect my grappling in that an ankle lock on that leg will make me tap faster than the other. It affects my kicks too. Even a slight bang on the area can be very painful. I only train/spar now though and don't really compete anymore. I spend more time lifting as I get older. I'm closing in on 50.

Steve
 
How did you get hurt bro?
 
I slipped on ice outside of my apartment. One foot was trapped. I slipped, spun, and fell, but the trapped foot didn't follow. In essence, I was heel hooked by mother nature and she didn't give me an opportunity to tap. My ankle was completely dislocated, the tibia broke, and the fibula completely snapped.
 
Jacob Creutzfeldt said:
I slipped on ice outside of my apartment. One foot was trapped. I slipped, spun, and fell, but the trapped foot didn't follow. In essence, I was heel hooked by mother nature and she didn't give me an opportunity to tap. My ankle was completely dislocated, the tibia broke, and the fibula completely snapped.

Mother nature can be a bitch. :-)
 
Top Bottom