Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Sooooooooo uh, how many games will the Yankees Win?

dgreenhill said:
Yanks in 5

Off season -look for them to shore up Damon, Giambi or Bonds...

Giambis' resigning has stalled...

WS 2002 Yanks over Cards

Actually just the opposite with Giambi...... the main reason he didn't want to resign is because they wouldn't agree to the no trade clause. Here check for yourself..... I heard it on the radio this a.m.
http://espn.go.com/mlb/news/2001/1023/1267926.html

I talked for quite some time with Dusty Backer at his Inaugaration into the AZ FAll League Hall of Fame last Wed. night and he said they are going to do everything possible to sign Bonds.

Johnny Damon had a shitty year so his value went down. Yankees are stuck with Bernie for a few years aren't they? Knoblauch is still in a multi year contract I believe......

rudedawg said:

Johnny Damon had a shitty year so his value went down. Yankees are stuck with Bernie for a few years aren't they? Knoblauch is still in a multi year contract I believe......

STUCK??! With Bernie?? I hope this is an attempt at sarcasm. I hope Bernie stays for a long time to come. Of course I think there is gonna be a major shake up with the Yanks after this year. Lots of contracts are running out. I hope The Boss is smart enough not to ruin a good thing. I spent alot of years cheering for shitty Yankee teams. I want this run to last awhile :)

Hannibal said:

STUCK??! With Bernie?? I hope this is an attempt at sarcasm. I hope Bernie stays for a long time to come. Of course I think there is gonna be a major shake up with the Yanks after this year. Lots of contracts are running out. I hope The Boss is smart enough not to ruin a good thing. I spent alot of years cheering for shitty Yankee teams. I want this run to last awhile :)

Yes the Bernie was tongue in cheek........ lots and lots of teams would like to "stuck" with a switch hitting Gold Glove, All-Star center fielder that hits over .300 with pop.

I checked out Knobby.....he is a free agent after the World Series. Wonder how he will do on the open market as a left fielder?

THANK YOU, HANNIBAL!

Agreed that Schilling and Johnson are the hottest things going, but wait for the bulllpen! Just so long as we pitch really tight against them. I mean, Mussina went toe-to-toe with Pedro Martinez (before Martinez was "injured" or whatever happened there).

As for Knobby, I want to keep him just because I love the gang in tact right now. I love 'em all. But his on-base percentage SUCKED this year. Lead-off man's gotta WALK at least, if he doesn't hit. Could rearrange the order, but I don't know....

Giambi would sell his mother to be in pinstripes! I think it may happen, but I will miss Tino. Tinoooooo!

As for this Series against the Dbacks, come now. I gotta use that 'D' word again: Destiny.

rudedawg said:

I checked out Knobby.....he is a free agent after the World Series. Wonder how he will do on the open market as a left fielder?

You know as much as I dont like the guy...the Yankee line up needs Knobby at the top. Jeter is so much more effective as a #2 hitter. And Knoblach has so many quality at bats...sees alot of pitches. I think that O'Neil will call it a career...too many injuries. And I dont think that Brosios(sp) will be back. I hope they resign Tino if they dont get Giambi. I was wondering if Knoblach could play third. His only problem in the infield was the short throw from second. And that would free up a spot in the outfield to get some more POP in the lineup.

The problem with the Yanks is that there is such good chemistry. They are such a professional group of players...and such a TEAM. That you have to be careful who you bring in. It would be great if they had a Bonds or Giambi...but not at the expense of the Teamwork. That is what has made them great.

Hannibal,

Loved that second part of your post. That's what I meant about keeping the team intact.

But the first part? Whatcha talkin' about, dude? Knobby's quality at-bats in the leadoff position? Go to Yankees.com and read the stats. He did nothing in that position. NOTHING!!!!!!

Pauly will indeed call it a career. ::gently sobbing:: That man gave everything he had, every single at-bat. He was baseball's version of Rocky. He went the distance.

3rd base is really specialized and Brosius is a Gold Glover. Tough to replace. Gotta find another 3rd baseman.

A utility guy I LOVE (no offense, though--batting average like .150) is Clay Bellinger. He can do it all in the outfield. Hell, he can even catch! And a fast-runner, for base-stealing. I just love his back story--10 years in the minors. That's perseverance.

buksoon said:

But the first part? Whatcha talkin' about, dude? Knobby's quality at-bats in the leadoff position? Go to Yankees.com and read the stats. He did nothing in that position. NOTHING!!!!!!

Pauly will indeed call it a career. ::gently sobbing:: That man gave everything he had, every single at-bat. He was baseball's version of Rocky. He went the distance.

3rd base is really specialized and Brosius is a Gold Glover. Tough to replace. Gotta find another 3rd baseman.

A utility guy I LOVE (no offense, though--batting average like .150) is Clay Bellinger. He can do it all in the outfield. Hell, he can even catch! And a fast-runner, for base-stealing. I just love his back story--10 years in the minors. That's perseverance.

Well I'm not saying that he produced in the lead off spot. But the stats dont reflect how many pitches he saw. How much he made the opposing pitcher work. How many pitches he let his teammates see. Thats what I meant by quality at bats. Thats what the Yankees as a team do. They just wear you out until you make a mistake and then...Game Over.

There is NO replacing Paul ONeil. He is the best representative of the Yanks. Not a big star...but he gets the job done. He has been a rock for them to build on. Thats why I am worried about this off season.

And yes Bellinger is pretty impressive. Hard worker...fits right in. We'll see who they get to fill in the holes...but in the mean time lets enjoy the SERIES.

LETS GO YANKEES!!!

Hannibal said:

Well I'm not saying that he produced in the lead off spot. But the stats dont reflect how many pitches he saw. How much he made the opposing pitcher work. How many pitches he let his teammates see. Thats what I meant by quality at bats. Thats what the Yankees as a team do. They just wear you out until you make a mistake and then...Game Over.

There is NO replacing Paul ONeil. He is the best representative of the Yanks. Not a big star...but he gets the job done. He has been a rock for them to build on. Thats why I am worried about this off season.

And yes Bellinger is pretty impressive. Hard worker...fits right in. We'll see who they get to fill in the holes...but in the mean time lets enjoy the SERIES.

LETS GO YANKEES!!!

GREAT POST. I'm not entirely convinced about Knobby, though. It's definitely valid to run up the other team's pitch count and show your own team what he has. But did he do that more than anyone else could have? Maybe a little, but not much. And I'd still love some production, there. Sucks starting every game with an automatic out!

Clay Bellinger makes me wanna cry--he is a symbol, too. Luis Sojo is another in that category.

Just gotta say: I am so baffled that a Floridian knows so much about the Yanks! AND has the good sense to swear allegiance to them, and not--uh, Tampa Bay? ::stifling laughs:: Go Hannibal! You da man!

buksoon said:

Just gotta say: I am so baffled that a Floridian knows so much about the Yanks! AND has the good sense to swear allegiance to them, and not--uh, Tampa Bay? ::stifling laughs:: Go Hannibal! You da man!

Well it all started with a slow-footed first baseman from Evansville Indiana. Donnie Baseball was the man. Mattingly was the one that got me into baseball in the first place. I wore his number and tried to be just like him when I was younger.

It breaks my heart to think that they are having all this sucess the year after he retired. But even without a ring he was a true Champion :)

23 FOREVER

Top Bottom