Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

Some idiot is sueing his personal trainer for 1million$$$!!!

atutt2

New member
For 1 Million Dollars!!! This is at Crunch gym in NYC.
Claims he pushed him too hard and made his kidneys hurt and left him in cronic pain! His kidneys! WTF!!!
This guy is a complete moron and so is the lawyer that agreed to take his case!
:die:
 
IT IS ARGUABLY THE MOST POPULAR NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION IN AMERICA...
EXERCISE MORE... LOSE WEIGHT.
THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT ONE MAN WAS HOPING FOR...
WHEN HE JOINED THIS CRUNCH GYM IN NEW YORK IN JANUARY.
36-YEAR-OLD FRED WIDLAND WAS GIVEN A COMPLIMENTARY SESSION WITH A TRAINER...
AND ACCORDING TO HIS LAWYER... "TOLD" THE TRAINER... HE WAS NOT IN SHAPE.
sot-that he ate and drank socially, but regularly, had quit smoking recently.
BUT THAT WARNING WAS ALLEGEDLY IGNORED...
WIDLAND IS NOW SUING CRUNCH FITNESS AND THE TRAINER FOR MORE THAN A MILLION
DOLLARS...
FOR ALLEGEDLY WORKING HIM OUT WAY BEYOND HIS PHYSICAL LIMITS.
sot-mr. widland is someone who could've died as a result of this.
STANDUP-ACCORDING TO THE LAWSUIT, THREE DAYS LATER, WIDLAND CHECKED HIMSELF
INTO THIS NEW YORK HOSPITAL AND WAS DIAGNOSED WITH WHAT HIS LAWYER CALLS
"EXERTIONAL RHABDOMYOLYSIS" - A CONDITION THAT IS TOXIC TO THE KIDNEYS.
sot-thankfully, this is quite a rare phenomenon, but it does happen.
CRUNCH FITNESS ISSUED A STATEMENT... SAYING:
THE ALLEGATIONS SURROUNDING MR. WIDLAND'S CLAIM APPEAR TO BE HIGHLY SUSPECT.
WE WILL BE CONDUCTING A THOROUGH INTERNAL INVESTIGATION.
sot-the plaintiff has a significant hurdle to get over, one of the most
important ones is his own comparative fault.
MEANING... MAYBE... HE COULD'VE JUST SAID NO...
THAT'S UP TO THE JUDGE.
TAG-ALINA CHO, CNN, NEW YORK.
 
What the personal trainer should have done to avoid this shit is give the prospect client a form that shows what the training will consist of and have a physician sign off on it saying that the client can perform the exercises. And a signed and notarized form that says that if there are any injuries as a result of the training and the trainer cannot be held liable to any type of court action or law suit. That would have been a good way the guy could have covered his own ass. If he didn't to this, I don't feel sorry for him.
 
whatever...its not the trainer's fault. There was nothing forcing that man to workout. He made his own choices.

Fuck'em and anyone who looks like em.
 
napolean22 said:
whatever...its not the trainer's fault. There was nothing forcing that man to workout. He made his own choices.

Fuck'em and anyone who looks like em.
I agree with you, but the trainer could have gotten certified papers to prevent this shit in the first place. This law suit could have been totally avoided, the days of just trusting people never existed.
 
i dont know about you guys, but i was in a traffic jam the other day because i chose to take a route to work i know is always busy, hence i was late to work. i think i should also sue the city, and everybody that was in the traffic jam ahead of me. i mean, if this fat slob can sue his trainer because he is fat and out of shape, i should be able to sue the city for getting in a traffic jam, or better yet, for making me stop at a red light for too long!
 
yes, all trainers should now pass out a "pussy agreement" before anyone works out. The member can always end the workout by yelling loudly, "pussy here, I'm a pussy, I quit"
 
atutt2 said:
yes, all trainers should now pass out a "pussy agreement" before anyone works out. The member can always end the workout by yelling loudly, "pussy here, I'm a pussy, I quit"

:FRlol:

It is for this exact reason that as a personal trainer, I only train people who are in good shape already that are looking to make improvements. I do not train people who are just starting to workout or have just started at the gym. Because I tend to like to push people beyond their limits, I would be a prime candidate to be sued by these lazy kind of people.....even though I do make them sign a waiver and covenant not to sue. So I stick with training quality fairly athletic people who have been working out on their own for a while! So it's a very selective type process. I'd rather do a few quality training sessions per week than make a lot of cash doing several sessions a week with just anyone.
 
Last edited:
i am an insurance man and i have always wondered if PTs carry liability insurance for this type of thing. i have not heard of this type of policy but i will look into.

noone ever thinks THEY will be sued but the odds are against you. i have been sued three times over the years for RIDICULOUS reasons but had errors and ommissions insurance to defend myself. all three suits ended up being declined and dismissed and that was the end of it.

personal trainers seem a good target for lawsuits. a smart attorney would name the gym as a defendant too. i suppose the gym would ask for some sort of liability policy naming them as additional insured, if they were smart. what all personal trainers are genuises?
 
This is like one of those people that gets into a little accident and reach for their neck right away...and are willing to wear a neck brace and fake a neck injury for 2 years to get some coin....this shit pisses me off! get a f******g job you lazy piece of sh*it! i have the discipline to got to work everyday and earn a living while still going to the gym everyday and earning the body i want...people like this fat sh*t should just die.
(sorry, just a little bitter right now)
UD
 
oh ya....and how are they gonna explain this to his kids? "We're rich because your daddy is a fat and lazy" great role model...
UD
 
Fat people at the gym are just as annoying as naked guys in the locker room who want to talk to you...
You ever notice a lot of these fat people drive around the front door parking area for a while until they get a spot. Then they get on a tread mill! WTF.
Serenity now... serenity now!
 
I would have thought that the gym, especially a large corp like crunch, or PT if he's a contract employee would have any client sign a waiver/disclaimer advising them of the risks of any and all excercise programs to try and protect themselves.
 
My family amd I own a gym and this kind of thing happens more than you think. We have been thretend more than once for the dumbest things. ....Everone is sue happy.
 
glennds said:
i am an insurance man and i have always wondered if PTs carry liability insurance for this type of thing. i have not heard of this type of policy but i will look into.


its available though most of them are probably covered under the gyms policy
 
trenfan2 said:
I would have thought that the gym, especially a large corp like crunch, or PT if he's a contract employee would have any client sign a waiver/disclaimer advising them of the risks of any and all excercise programs to try and protect themselves.

waiver, schmaiver. it ain't worth anything in court. you need insurance to protect yourself.
 
BIGDHO said:
Everone is sue happy.

unfortunately it's the american way. in 1998 there were more lawyers residing in the d.c. metro area than in the entire nation of japan. we have become a nation of people who can't take responsibility for their own actions.
 
THEEGAME2544 said:
:FRlol:

It is for this exact reason that as a personal trainer, I only train people who are in good shape already that are looking to make improvements. I do not train people who are just starting to workout or have just started at the gym. Because I tend to like to push people beyond their limits, I would be a prime candidate to be sued by these lazy kind of people.....even though I do make them sign a waiver and covenant not to sue. So I stick with training quality fairly athletic people who have been working out on their own for a while! So it's a very selective type process. I'd rather do a few quality training sessions per week than make a lot of cash doing several sessions a week with just anyone.

Bro, i just love your avatar...i'm still laughing!!!!! :) :)
 
slat1 said:
Fat people at the gym are just as annoying as naked guys in the locker room who want to talk to you...
You ever notice a lot of these fat people drive around the front door parking area for a while until they get a spot. Then they get on a tread mill! WTF.
Serenity now... serenity now!

Yeah...and they wonder why they're still fat. I mean, they DO walk for a half hour a day on the treadmill...that's not enough to lost those last 60 pounds? :rolleyes:
 
Permit me to play Devil's Advocate for a moment...



Just Kidding... fuck that fat piece of shit. He is what is wrong with this world.
 
hahaha that sounds like he was in pain from lactic acid, and nothing other than that. How can you sue for natural lactic acid build up?? fucking moron. they are bound to lose the case, imo
 
Hi! :)

I joined Crunch around the time that this bozo filed the lawsuit. I have the same trainer as he had. I love CJ! He's a great trainer! I have lost over 200 pounds and can now move so I go to the gym to help. I train at least twice a wk. w/CJ and haven't had any problems. When I signed up for just the membership I signed a waiver. When I buy my training package every month I sign a waiver. I have nothing wrong with me from training. I take a water with me and drink a little sip here and there whenever I need it. I take a break whenever I need it. CJ has NEVER forced me to do anything that would hurt me. He has even at times told me to take a break to breathe because my eyes were turning red. Bfd if my eyes are turning red. I have to work up a sweat so I feel like I did something, that I accomplished something, so that I can have a healthier life. Do a lot of fat people just stay at the munch bar? Sure. Do I? Heck, I'm too self-conscious to buy water there when I don't have time to get one downstairs on my way! I go to Crunch instead of going to the gym in my building because it means I have to walk there instead of riding the elevator up plus Crunch just has better equipment. I think it's ridiculous that this guy is suing. I know I'm preaching to the choir, but it's nothing short of ridiculous. Oh well. I just thought I'd throw in my two cents since I'm an actual client.

Jeannie
 
how about this, dont go into a damn gym unless you plan on working out! he even got a personal trainer to make sure he did. sounds like a real dumbass taking advantage of our already fucked up leagal system. i hope he gets 100 years for being a dumbass.
 
BigGuns29 said:
how about this, dont go into a damn gym unless you plan on working out! he even got a personal trainer to make sure he did. sounds like a real dumbass taking advantage of our already fucked up leagal system. i hope he gets 100 years for being a dumbass.

I think you're absolutely right. The sick part is that this idiot in the last month decided to up the amount. The gym is not supposed to be a place for people just to mope around and take up space if they're not going to do anything.

Jeannie
 
Top Bottom