Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

Shoulder Pain

CitizenKane

New member
Hi there, I'm a first time poster and so I apologise first of all for the long post, and secondly if this happens to be in the wrong forum or if a topic like this exists already. But here goes:

I'm new to weightlifting generally, I've only been properly lifting for just over 2 months. But the other day after a session in the gym both my shoulders got really sore, not muscle pain but it felt more like something to do with the joints. Also there was a sort of dull clicking sound when I extend my arms in movements such as Benching and Shoulder Press.

The pain has persisted and now 2 days later the pain remains. The dull clicking sound occurs when I rotate or stretch my shoulders.

Like I said before I am virtually a n00b when it comes to lifting but I'm pretty sure its not normal to have this kind of shoulder pain after only 2 months, especially considering I haven't been lifting particularly heavy at all. I also think its strange that the pain appeared so suddenly, I had no pain in my shoulders whatsoever at any time before and it just appeared in one day.


My Routine
​

So I'm just gona post my routine and see if anyone here can tell me what this pain could be from and/or what I should do about it (I do my entire routine in one day, taking every second day off):

Chest:
Bench Press: 4x8 @ 90lbs (+Bar)
Dumbbell Flyes: 4x8 @ 45lbs each
Incline Bench: 4x8 @ 55lbs (+Bar)

Arms:
Preacher Curls: 4x8 @ 70lbs
Standing Alternate Dumbbell Curls: 3x10 @ 35lbs each
Tricep Extensions (Machine): 3x8 @ 70lbs


Shoulders:

Dumbbell Shoulder Press: 4x8 @ 35lbs each

Back:

Dumbbell Bent Over Rows: 3x8 @ 60lbs
Lat Cable Pulldowns: 3x8 @ Resistance setting 12 (I have no idea what this equates to in weight)

Followed by 3 sets of Dips and 3 sets of Chin Ups

----

HOWEVER: The day that I noticed the pain in my shoulders I did move up weight in a few exercises, I went from 55lbs to 65lbs on the Incline Bench, and moved from 45lbs to 50lbs on the Dumbbell Flyes.

At first glance I figure the pain could be caused by a number of things, it could be inflammation, it could be from too much pressure being put on my shoulder joints from the Flyes/Benchpress (possibly due to bad form with too heavy weight), or it could be a muscle imbalance from the fact that as you can see I do 4 exercises that work the chest and delts (5 if you include the Dips) compared with only 2 for my back.

Anyway, I'm at your mercy: if you can see anything in the information that I've given you that you think could be a potential cause for this shoulder pain PLEASE let me know. Also any advice as to what I should do about it would be appreciated. I asked around some of my gym going buddies and most of them said that taking a week off the weights while doing some stretches (such as shoulder dislocates with a broom handle) should do the trick. I am not averse to taking a week off, but my concern is that this shoulder pain might turn into a recurring problem which would basically suck donkey balls.

ANY help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance!
 
Top Bottom