Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Should men who are accused then cleared of rape charges be able to file for damages?

Re: Should men who are accused then cleared of rape charges be able to file for damag

Mavafanculo said:
and rape shield laws need to be re-examined. in the case of kobe bryan and other hi-profile cases good attorneys can get in neccessary evidence, but for an average shlub, especially in a liberal state like NY, good luck with that. in some cases they dont even allow in that the accusser falsely accused others of rape.
Indeed.

What about preventing an accusor from filing a civil suit after their criminal one is thrown out?

Re: Should men who are accused then cleared of rape charges be able to file for damag

75th said:
Indeed.

What about preventing an accusor from filing a civil suit after their criminal one is thrown out?
my testicles agree with that, but legally because of the different standards of evidence (beyond a reasonable doubt vs preponderence of the evidence) it wont ever happen. maybe bar civil cases where DNA evidence in the criminal case exonerates the accussed, but in that situation she'd lose the civil case anyways (and prob wouldnt ever get an attorney to take the case).

i dont like the idea of suing but i think i would if i was accused but didnt do it cause like u said it leaves its mark regardless

Mavafanculo said:
and rape shield laws need to be re-examined. in the case of kobe bryan and other hi-profile cases good attorneys can get in neccessary evidence, but for an average shlub, especially in a liberal state like NY, good luck with that. in some cases they dont even allow in that the accusser falsely accused others of rape.
someone i know was jailed for 5 and a half years about...a year ago? because he had drunken/stoned sex with a girl while her boyfriend was lying next to her (unconcious - they were all blotto) and she called rape

then you find out that she has another 2 guys on the same charge on top of this one

now, dont get me wrong, rape happens, but surely its not so common that one girl would have 3 guys rape her in the space of a year

personally i didnt believe it about the guy. i just couldnt see him doing it, waaay out of character imo. he must be suffering bigtime, poor bastard (age: 25.)

lesson learned: do not have sex with intoxicated people, even if youre intoxicated (or stoned). if youre going to write yourself off, make plans/taxis so that you go home or to another locations where nothing wacky can happen

I think it's sad that women are afraid of going to the Police. I also see the other side.

Some women make up rape charges to hide what a slut they are. I have personal experience with this. Got into a fight with some kid over it and I hurt him. Could have been way worse if he hadn't of gotten away. There's two lives possibly ruined right there.

They should be able to sue.

Top Bottom