Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Researchers hack into iPhone via Web

jh1 said:
They're all over it, always have been, always will be...

Not writing about it only allows the public to go on thinking everything is secure.

True...I was feeling facetious... :rolleyes:

jh1 said:
Same douche nips that think that getting a Mac makes them invulnberable to viruses and other malware.

Nigga... Please.

Even when their OS was Mac and not skinned Linux it was vulnerable, just as if not more than any other - but because there was a total of like 10-20 on the intertubes - very few viruses existed for them *IN THE WILD* because they weren't a worthy target. That doesn't make them any more secure. Security by obscurity is moronic.
LOLLOLOOL...I was working a trade show for my company when I overheard a lecture about the invulnerabilities of the AS/400 to the virus....who the fuck would write an AS/400 virus....:confused:

mrplunkey said:
iphones are still the shiznit. I love mine.

god you're a capitalist whore.............you really paid $600 for that thing? Look, I don't care if I had Bill Gates money.........I'm not paying apple $600 for a first run product that I FUCKING KNOW IS GOING TO BE FUCKED IN SOME WAY BECAUSE THAT"S HOW APPLE ROLLS!!! Is the desire to consume so intense that product quality and integrity is some vague nebulous notion of the "stone ages"?? I guess I'm just really not a good capitalist............that or I'm fucking smart and read consumer reports which say theirs other phones out there like the Nokia E70 that do everything the iphone does and more, and cost's 50% less. But I won't buy that one either............I won't buy a phone that hooks up to the net.........I have no use for that like ever.........and it's just a backdoor for hackers, or the government............to exploit my shit.

redsamurai said:
god you're a capitalist whore.............you really paid $600 for that thing? Look, I don't care if I had Bill Gates money.........I'm not paying apple $600 for a first run product that I FUCKING KNOW IS GOING TO BE FUCKED IN SOME WAY BECAUSE THAT"S HOW APPLE ROLLS!!! Is the desire to consume so intense that product quality and integrity is some vague nebulous notion of the "stone ages"?? I guess I'm just really not a good capitalist............that or I'm fucking smart and read consumer reports which say theirs other phones out there like the Nokia E70 that do everything the iphone does and more, and cost's 50% less. But I won't buy that one either............I won't buy a phone that hooks up to the net.........I have no use for that like ever.........and it's just a backdoor for hackers, or the government............to exploit my shit.
I hope it doesn't have a failure rate like the IPod...... dies in six months...so much for Apple reliability. I've heard some bad things about it's storage capacity and speed......

KBEKQT said:
but by all means, let's write about it to give the geniuses the idea! :chomp:
The "researchers" were hackers that realized they could get paid for doing what they would have done on their own.... :) Hackers are nerds that want to prove they're smarter than the "system." :)

of course it will......it's apple. The are the next sony!! That horseshit with the Ipod battery is like straight out of the sony playbook. And those fuckers dare charge $400? I'll bet money on the iphone being the same...........people are going to be sending that shit in and getting a nice little reply saying they'll need to come out their pockets if they want their $600 fucking dollar phone fixed. Only in this country can a business model like this not only survive, but PROSPER!!! It's inconceivable to me how stupid and trendy people are............people actually waited in line for this like the second coming...........unbeleivable.............and we wonder why people around the world look at us with tilted heads, we're not real people anymore, just little consumer bots that will buy what we're told to buy.

javaguru said:
I hope it doesn't have a failure rate like the IPod...... dies in six months...so much for Apple reliability. I've heard some bad things about it's storage capacity and speed......

redsamurai said:
of course it will......it's apple. The are the next sony!! That horseshit with the Ipod battery is like straight out of the sony playbook. And those fuckers dare charge $400? I'll bet money on the iphone being the same...........people are going to be sending that shit in and getting a nice little reply saying they'll need to come out their pockets if they want their $600 fucking dollar phone fixed. Only in this country can a business model like this not only survive, but PROSPER!!! It's inconceivable to me how stupid and trendy people are............people actually waited in line for this like the second coming...........unbeleivable.............and we wonder why people around the world look at us with tilted heads, we're not real people anymore, just little consumer bots that will buy what we're told to buy.
It's an interesting turn our country has taken.....we're too prosperous for our own good. These days a car is good for 2-3 years before everyone wants a new model....my dad could keep a 15 year old car running for ten for years reliably. :)

javaguru said:
. These days a car is good for 2-3 years before everyone wants a new model....my dad could keep a 15 year old car running for ten for years reliably. :)

yeah no shit!! why I only fuck with Jap cars. And yeah, the free market has realized there's no incentive to make something last long anymore..........it's like a pit fight for every last one of our disposable dollars........means we have crap flooding every single market and you can't tell anymore what's good and what's not.

redsamurai said:
Wow! So angry. Seek help. And why do I get the feeling the government isn't particularly interested in exploiting your shit?

I've been a Treo 650/700 user for years and the iPhone blows it away. You can launch the damn space shuttle with this thing. Also, it's flatter than a treo so it slips into a pants pocket easily. I also has this combination map/satellite/location lookup service -- it's like 411 on steroids!

Oh... and I know I'm rambling. But it connects to your voicemail, downloads the messages into audio clips, and sorts them in a list. At last! You can see voicemails before listening to each one of them, can replay them in arbitrary order, etc. etc. No more dialing-up voicemail and going through the menus.

mrplunkey said:
Wow! So angry. Seek help. And why do I get the feeling the government isn't particularly interested in exploiting your shit?

first, I'm not angry bro.....just giving you shit for being a capitalist stooly........ :lmao:

and if you must know, due to my former employment and more specifically my former employers.......I was told by a federal officer that I "most likely" had my phone tapped, along with others I worked with. Also, remember why most people are here at EF in the first place...........it's not for C&C............go look at the first discussion board if you still don't get it. It's a completely legitimate concern...............especially considering that nationwide penalties are going up...........even a little misdemeanor possession charge can drastically effect your future employment. This may not be an issue for you......but for alot of us it is.

mrplunkey said:
I've been a Treo 650/700 user for years and the iPhone blows it away. You can launch the damn space shuttle with this thing. Also, it's flatter than a treo so it slips into a pants pocket easily. I also has this combination map/satellite/location lookup service -- it's like 411 on steroids!

Oh... and I know I'm rambling. But it connects to your voicemail, downloads the messages into audio clips, and sorts them in a list. At last! You can see voicemails before listening to each one of them, can replay them in arbitrary order, etc. etc. No more dialing-up voicemail and going through the menus.

none of this seems to be worth $600. I still don't get why anyone would want to browse the net with some stupid little wallet size box............it's like people have been told it's "so cool"..............but how useful is it really? I can see having some sort of email service which allows you to see possibly important emails on your phone............but just browsing? wtf?

Top Bottom