Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Question about BRUCE LEE?????

although the training methods have become much better and fighters in UFC and pride are much more well rounded I think he would be fine. The guy had ridiculous power for such a small dude, probably one of the most explosive athletes ever when it comes down to it. In his day noone could touch him and hed still be fine today.

Bruce Lee was great and all but people have built him up like a mythical character that is indestructible. I think a lot of it is just big fish stories that change through the years.

People get all fanatical about him too, especially asian guys. One of my buddies who is asain started talking about this and when i told him my opinion he started goin crazy and was ready to fight. LeeJunFan is already Pm'ing me telling me why Bruce is so great and why I am wrong. LoL. Keep this convo to this thread.

tybz28-#2 said:
You cant possibly tell me that people havent improved in martial arts over the years, its just like any other sport, people get better.

That's a pretty good point. I'm a huge Bruce Lee fan, and he, IMO, brought martial arts to be internationally known....but as stated, people get better with time. Look at baseball, football....athletes get bigger, faster, more technical. I think Bruce would fair pretty damn good, but there's bigger, smarter, and more technical fighters out there today.

Just maybe not faster, yet :D

I have never seen real good video of Bruce's speed as Im sure many people havent.

If you wanna see good handspeed on good video, download Jet Li on Jay Lenos show off of Kazaa. At one point he throws a superfast combo.

it's pretty relative

I mean He was a great guy no doubt about it, an awesome martial artist, but he got something alot of amazing fighters didn't get, that's tonnes of media expsoure, especially in a time when he was the only real main martial arts star

Now give him a set of rules to fight by and put him in the ring with say a lumpini stadium thai fighter like Koalam and we'll see who would win... or MMA against someone his own size?

well there are alot of great fighters out there, im sure he could be beaten today

PhysicalGirl said:
Honestly does anyone here think that no one could have beat BRUCE LEE in a fight while he was alive?????

Ignorant people, yes. Many seem to think he was some kind of God because of a few movies. He'd get beaten by even a novice no holds barred fighter. This is ignoring those that are bigger than he, which is fairly common given his 140 lb bodyweight.

rules fight....god yes. street fight......not many. he was dirty and was shameless about it. With his speed, your eyes would be flicked out or your nuts would be rubble in a flash. People think he was just a movie fighter because that's all they saw. But if you listen to Dan Inosanto or James DeMile, you'd find out he was a loose cannon and extremely dangerous. I'm not a Lee worshiper, but he is the reason why martial arts is as big as it is today.

Another thing about him, that is very admirable is his endless dedication to his training, as any that have read books on him would know... he was an amazing person.

btw, when he first started lifting he got up to 160, but didn't feel the extra weight was conductive in fighting, so he trimmed down...

Gene LeBell could have whooped Bruce Lee's ass. Both of them were on set when shooting The Green Hornet and Gene would show Bruce some of his grappling moves, he toyed with him a lot. Must have put a bit of a dent into Bruce Lee's enormous ego. :rolleyes:

In any case Bruce was an incredible Martial Artist. The only thing that surpassed his tremendous skill was probably his even greater ego.

Top Bottom