Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Pick3, The Spladle...

javaguru

Banned
I was watching the OSU Vs. Michigan meet and this is the first time I saw a wrestler at that level fall for a spladle.

i put a chick in a similar position last night

I was a mat wrestler in high school and getting someone to fall for a spladle or guillotine was rare at the varsity level....you had to grab that arm and force it over your head.

I was a grinder using turns for cheap back points to win matches that went the distance.

Last edited:
I was a mat wrestler in high school and getting someone to fall for a spladle or guillotine was rare at the varsity level....you had to grab that arm and force it over your head.

I was a grinder using turns for cheap back points to win matches that went the distance.

we call that ^^^^ a merkle...my son learned that tilt along with a...

rogers,
robles,
rendos,
claw and spiral,
ball and chain and
colby cradle

...in five novice tournaments this season he scored 192 points in matches that went the distance...i didn't tally up any points where he finished with a pin...and by the end of the season, he was winning about 75% of his matches in open tournaments...i'm a firm believer in tilts and in teaching them at a young age (he's 7) before the kids are old enough to realize the risk associated with rolling across their own back to complete the move.

The "spladle"? really? This is precisely why more kids don't wrestle and it's being considered to be axed from the Olympics...which to me is almost an affront against the universe. Wrestling gone from the olympics? But badminton and ping pong stays? Maybe if kids didn't associate wrestling with nefarious sekret homosexual activity there would be more interest. Maybe if they didn't hear moves, like a simple guillotine hold, called something so utterly homosexual like "the spladle"...they'd get into wrestling. I absolutely regret not wrestling in HS. The functional strength you develop from wrestling pwns every other type of training hands down. Nothing you do in the weightroom even comes close. That's why these guys are stronger than dudes with sometimes 50 lbs on them. And then there's the whole "checking the oil" thing....a kid should legally be allowed to try to gouge out another kids eyeballs for having done that to him.

The "spladle"? really? This is precisely why more kids don't wrestle and it's being considered to be axed from the Olympics...which to me is almost an affront against the universe. Wrestling gone from the olympics? But badminton and ping pong stays? Maybe if kids didn't associate wrestling with nefarious sekret homosexual activity there would be more interest. Maybe if they didn't hear moves, like a simple guillotine hold, called something so utterly homosexual like "the spladle"...they'd get into wrestling. I absolutely regret not wrestling in HS. The functional strength you develop from wrestling pwns every other type of training hands down. Nothing you do in the weightroom even comes close. That's why these guys are stronger than dudes with sometimes 50 lbs on them. And then there's the whole "checking the oil" thing....a kid should legally be allowed to try to gouge out another kids eyeballs for having done that to him.

hahaha...i think "spladle" sounds more manly than "spread eagle" which is what we usually referred to it as.

2rcn4va.jpg

Top Bottom