Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

physics question

That was pretty fucking funny. Lol..

here's one for you

If your traveling at the speed of light and you scream, does your head explode?

An enterprising chicken farmer decides he wants to cut out the middle man & get a machine that will pluck chickens so he can sell them himself. So he goes to an engineer, a precision machinist & a physicist to come up w/ some designs for him. But he warns them that he's a single farmer and has limited funds so design accordingly.

So after a few weeks he goes to see the engineer about his proposal. The engineer pulls out all sorts of plans, charts, graphs, project documents, etc. He goes into great detail about the requirements, the design, the testing, his firm's ISO 9000 certification and dedication to total quality and customer satisfaction.

The farmer is thoroughly impressed, however he is concerned about the price. So he asks. The engineer says, "well, phase 1 will only run you about $1M. We can discuss refinements once we've proven the design."

To which the farmer responds, "Ugh. I'll get back to you on that..."

So he goes to the precision machinist and asks how its going. The machinist responds that he's got this great little design he's working on that is all completely automated and built solid.

The farmer starts to go glassy eyed listening to the detail. But asks how much it will cost.

The machinist responds that he figures he can get all the parts built for under $1M but the labor will push it higher.

The farmer is a bit freaked out. So he walks down to the local starbucks to kill a few minutes while he relaxes. While there, he sees the physicist sipping on some chai. So he strikes up a conversation, starting w/ "Dang, it sure costs a lot to get somethign like a chicken plucker designed." To which the physicist responds, "Really? I figured I could do it for about $5000 and use some of the stuff in my lab at the university to help keep it low cost."

The farmer is amazed. "How can you do that???" he asks.

The physicist slaps his coat for a pencil and paper, ending up grabbing a tea-stained napkin and borrowing a pen from a nearby coffee patron. He starts by scribbling on the napkin, "Its really fairly easy. Assuming a spherical chicken...."

Anyone get it?

Haha! Spherical chicken! Good approximation! Haha.

OK. nevermind.

Top Bottom