Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

** Official FIFA World Cup 2006 thread **

I read he made a racist comment about his algerian origin (even though Zidane was born in France)

They should have been both red carded

On a side note the headbutt was pretty nice ;)

perkele said:
Materazzi called his sister a prostitute.

Headbutt approved.

I completely agree but it wasn't the time or the place. He might have shot the penalty instead of Trezeguet. His team needed him at that moment. His responsibility to them exceed personal matters. And that was the last thing he did as a player. Years from know, nobody will remember what Materazzi did. It will always be "What Zidane did in his last game."

Mercere said:
I completely agree but it wasn't the time or the place. He might have shot the penalty instead of Trezeguet. His team needed him at that moment. His responsibility to them exceed personal matters. And that was the last thing he did as a player. Years from know, nobody will remember what Materazzi did. It will always be "What Zidane did in his last game."

satchboggie, is that you?

perkele said:

Headbutt approved.
If that is all it takes, then Zidane should not be considered anywhere near one of the best in the game.

A BIIIIG part of sports is the mental aspect of the game and that includes how you handle pressure, the media, the fans, and yes, trash talking. If it were the streets, then Zidane should have broken Materazzi's face into pieces. But it was during a game. It was childish, immature, amateurish and pathetic all together. He should hang his head in shame for not being a man and able to control himself.

I don't what Materazzi said (if he said anything at all), but I am smart enough to guess that this type of trash talk happens A LOT in soccer. It's just that all of you never hear about it until an incident like this and then you react.

perkele said:

Headbutt approved.
That's funny, I heard on ESPN that Zidane claimed he called him a terrorist. I wonder how many different versions there will be. Regardless of what WAS said, at that level of the sport, you dont do that shit. But, easier said than done I guess. I'm sure that close to the end of the game and it could have gone either way, tempers were flaring and adrenalin flowing. He made a bad impulsive decision.

And how the hell did Zidane get the top player?!! nevermind the childish behavior, but Cannavaro deserved it on the field. Hell, weren't 2 of Zidane's goals on PKs?? PKs?!

Top Bottom