Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

New member, thanks to everyone

bran987

New member
Ok I know these pics and poses suck cause I had to take them by myself with my stupid camera phone but..

I'm 24, started working out when I was 20.. I started out 5'4" 127 (my untrained weight).

I worked out and dieted hard for 2 years and had gained 23 pounds up to 5'4" 150 with a 31" waist and looked great.. was well on my way to my ultimate goal of being 5'4" 165 and ripped.. but when I graduated college and started working.. things went downhill.

People in the office didn't work out like they did in college. They made me feel like it was almost a waste of time, and that that sort of thing was for kids and now career was all that mattered.

On top of that I started dating a girl who didn't work out and we both pigged out big time. I have now ballooned to a 34" waist, gained 10 lbs. of pure fat in the past 2 years, lost muscle and am disgusted with myself.

Before I found this site and started reading it 2 months ago I didn't have any motivation. My workouts were a pathetic attempt to keep the muscle I knew I couldn't keep without eating right. I couldn't decide if I really was being childish trying to eat 6 times/day instead of just going to eat burgers with everyone in the office. You guys have given me renewed motivation and new life.

As you can see, my muscles are barely visible, my waist is huge, my lifts are WAY down from my peak of benching 215 for 2x8, squatting 225 1x20, and deadlifting 315 1x8.

I am now more determined than ever and you guys are a huge motivation. I'm posting these pics to put even more pressure on me to keep it up and get back to what really made me happy.

Posting pics in next msg
p.s. no I don't have any wheel pics.. at my current squat numbers my wheels make me want to kill myself.
 
Last edited:
aca3c98376e75dad28873fd7e9ed472f.jpg

2b9e681fbdac6888b29c86b012dc9c66.jpg

db71ca8ee329cd62cf5a090e9590f52a.jpg
1f31d6b524184adc92f748641893774c.jpg
 
Yeh, been there and done that also, Bran.......college life and the real world are not the same, hey? working rotating shift work and being around married guys 20 years older than me who have given up trying to look and feel good had the same affect on me as it did on you.....i went to hell in 9 months' time also; looked much worse than you do now!!

even now, you still look much better than many of the peeps who frequent this site.....don't be so damn hard on yourself!! cut back on the worst excesses of your diet and lift on a regular basis and you will bounce back.....you still have a good foundation to work on and to restore. you KNOW what you have to do as you did it once before already!!!!!!
 
Dude, thanks so much :) Advice taken.

And NAWLINZ rocked for Spring Break last year! You guys know how to have fun :D
 
thx onerep, I will! Physiques like yours are inspiring.

You're all gonna see a new man in a few months!!

Sitting at my desk now eating sweet potato and tuna :dance2:
 
Last edited:
I think that most people here have let themselves go at some point and then gotten back in. The good thing is that you're actually doing something about it! How many people do you know who don't like how their body looks and they don't get off their butts?

Welcome! Looking forward to seeing your progress. :)
 
Looks like you already have some good thickness! Just eat enough and train hard and youll exceed your previous bests in no time. I know how easy it is to get discouraged. Stay focused and consistent and youll reach your goals!
 
Bran987 said:
Can I please get some estimates on my BF %? I don't trust these damn calipers..

Thx

Way too hard to tell from a pic.......

I'd say 15%.....

Looks like you had a decent start..................

Now back to it brother.......:)
 
The quality of the pics makes it hard to tell, but your back and arms looks solid. I'm not taking anything away from you, you've done great, but you chest looks a little smaller compared to the rest of you. Try doing a little more incline bench to get some more power then go back to the flat. You look good bro. Keep it going.
 
you don't look bad at all bran. you definitely got a good base and your waist is hardly huge. i actually think a guys looks better without a really small waist. a few months back in the gym, a little more toned, you will look great.
 
I say 15%. You look pretty good. As I was reading I really was`nt expecting what I saw when scrolled down. I`m guessing it`s your height because you look bigger than your weight. That`s a plus. I guess you don`t need 5000 calories a day like us 6 ft 3 guys. lol

Remember this is a lifestyle. It`s not something you do "on the side". Eating right is half the battle. Don`t let girlfriends or coworkers drag you down when it`s something that`s important to you. Again, looking good and thick... good luck
 
Bran987 said:
Dude, thanks so much :) Advice taken.

And NAWLINZ rocked for Spring Break last year! You guys know how to have fun :D
if you enjoyed spring break here, cum back for Mardi Gras and/or Southern Decadence!! Just keep an open mind and don't be offended by anthing you see or are offered.;) :p with the pics you have displayed, you will get offers from "both" sides of the fence.
 
Bran987 said:
thx onerep, I will! Physiques like yours are inspiring.

You're all gonna see a new man in a few months!!

Sitting at my desk now eating sweet potato and tuna :dance2:
Thanks maing. Nothing is stopping you from achieving similar results or even better than I have. Rome wasn't built in a day, keep working hard and learning and things are bound to happen. There is a lot of knowledge on these boards to help you along the way.
 
Welcome to the boards man. Looking good. Keep it up.
 
gonelifting said:
Welcome to the boards man. Looking good. Keep it up.

lol
damn u GL
I just reread my post, amazing it's been less than a year, seems like so long ago.
some good things have happened since then
like I measured for the first time in years and found out I'm an inch or 2 taller than I thought, although I doubt if I measure again in a few years that will keep happening at my old age.
my girlfriend and I actually work out together now!
and my update pics I'm going to post in about a month will show good progress :)
 
lol @ GL

yeah bran it's about time for some new update pics. I remember this thread and then seeing your other one a couple months later, I was like, Holy Shit!

At the time it seemed like it had only been a few weeks and you made amazing progress
 
Top Bottom