Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My weirdest hobby... I bought another siren

kx250rider

People collect stamps or baseball cards, and even antique cars.... But I can't be normal. For me, it's air raid sirens! I have several of them installed and operational at our place in SoCal. Yesterday, I made an 800-mile round trip to the San Francisco area to get this one; (not that anyone here cares about the details, LOL), a Federal SD-10 dual tone with a 10-hp 3-phase motor. It's in good shape other than paint, and amazingly 50 years of San Francisco salt fog didn't wreck the sheet metal! Some of these in coastal areas wind up looking like Swiss cheese due to rust. 1st pic is all the pieces filling up my truck, and the second pic is an example of what it looks like all together...

It's lucky I'm into lifting as a sport, since the motor and head weighs over 380 lbs alone, and I don't have a crane truck. The other siren nut who sold it to me, just had a hip replaced. So it was my job to get it into the truck...

Charles
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m174/kx250racer/th_SD-10sirenno210-2010.jpg

Google Image Result for http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4122/4758604947_aa6d13e5ea_m.jpg

do those make the creepy disaster alarm noise like in silent hill? :worried:

YES! :devil: . Ask anyone who lives in the northern end of Thousand Oaks/western end of Moorpark, CA... They get treated to my sirens on New Years Eve, and every last-Friday of the month at noon (in keeping with the usual federal warning testing schedule as not to scare anybody into thinking the Russians sent us a nuke).

Charles

YES! :devil: . Ask anyone who lives in the northern end of Thousand Oaks/western end of Moorpark, CA... They get treated to my sirens on New Years Eve, and every last-Friday of the month at noon (in keeping with the usual federal warning testing schedule as not to scare anybody into thinking the Russians sent us a nuke).

Charles
Those creep the crap out of me :worried:

i loved that creepy sound in silent hill.......it makes your skin crawl

i loved that creepy sound in silent hill.......it makes your skin crawl

Me too!

Today at noon (in 30 minutes) the Thunderbolt siren will blow. Then if I get a chance later today, I'll test-blow the SD-10 (subject of the thread).

Here's a video of two of my sirens sounded at the same time last New Years Eve. Believe me, the digital camera doesn't do the sound any justice! The Thunderbolt is 135db at 100 feet; about like a jet engine :insane: . It can be heard clearly for 7 miles (per federal warning siren standards), and heard somewhat for up to 25 miles.

YouTube - New Years Eve 2009-10 Cold War air raid sirens sounded at midnight in Ventura County, CA

Charles

Love your wife's spirit, there's the loud siren and she covers her ears but she sees you filming her and immediately smiles :)

Top Bottom