Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Moving Day: The packers are in my house right now

I moved about 10 blocks from one apt to the next.

One bedroom. I packed EVERYTHING in boxes. Maybe 6 of them. I moved clothes, microwave stuff I could get in my car for a few trips. The only thing left was a bedroom set 2 couches table etc. Movers charged me $600. I think I got ripped off.

All I really needed was to rent a truck. The next time I moved I rented and did it myself. I got those huge 24 ft trucks. That helped alot because you did`nt spend half the time deciding how to pack the stuff to save room. I had alot more stuff this time moving into my house.

LOL, I threw a whole bunch of stuff away when I moved into my house. Which reminds me, I still have a box of old shoes I need to donate to Good Will.

I thought I had an easy move, but as it turned out, I had a lot more crap than I thought, so into the dumpster it went.

When I moved here I sold everything I had for the most part. Gave away all of my paintings too.
Now I look at things and before I would have thought "want want want, must have must have" now I just cringe at the idea of having more shit to move.

The only things that I will make exceptions for are nice clothes, DVDs, CDs, and laptops. I would categorize a watch and shoes under clothes.

My fiancee claims to feel the same way, but she still seems to be accumulating things.

I actually look forward to moving every few years. It is good to get rid of excess stuff and the fresh start is exciting.

Top Bottom