Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

MMA School Request

johnb

This was originally a private message to Thaibox, but I think it makes more sense to throw the question out to everyone.

To all of the MMA gurus out there, I was wondering if you know of any MMA schools in Maryland (preferably the Baltimore area)?

I'd love to go to the Yamasaki Academy (grappling.com), but it's in Rockville, which is a hike for me. I may just have to suck it up, but I'd only be able to train there once a week, do you think that would be worth it?

I appreciate any input you can give.

I don't know Maryland very well, so I am no help. But I have heard great things about Yamasaki's so I don't know if I would be in such a big hurry to leave.

You may want to post a question over at mma.tv. They also have a "find a school" feature that will have someplaces.

Zen

:alien: I'm sorry jb. I told you I suck with pms:) Always have. How far is Yamasaki from you and what's holding you back from there time wise?

ZenMachine

Thanks, I checked mma.tv out, the only other school that looked like it was worth a damn was in the same general area as Yamasaki.

Thaibox

No sweat, I figured it would be easier to get a reply outta ya this way. ;)

Yamasaki is about an hour away, give or take. Weekdays are pretty much out, traffic is so bad in that area, I probably wouldn't even be able to make it down there in time after work.

The weekends should be okay, I just wasn't sure that it would be worth it to go once or twice a week. Do you think it would be?

If so, should I try to do BJJ one day and thai boxing the other? Or just start with one and pick up the other later?

Thanks for the help fellas.

John,

Another option would be to go over there (mma.tv) and post on the Underground asking for the names of places. That list of schools in not all inclusive. You may have better luck that way.

It turns out Lloyd Irvin has a school around here, it's been recommnded over Yamasaki by some guys at mma.tv.

Obviously I don't know shit about shit, but do you guys know anything about Lloyd?

That's most likely what I'll do, you get a one-on-one session and a class, plus some other stuff for $19.95 as an introductory offer.

His site is lloydirvin.com, if you're curious.

Seems like a decent place to get your foot in the door. Like Zen said, check it out and see if it works for you. Let us know how the first day goes.

Top Bottom