Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Long term Side Effect Steroid Use and Not Cycling in HIV+ men

NinjaRyder

A bit of background, I am an HIV+ male and have been for 7 years. Reading built to survive and between that and some friends this may have saved my life. Started trying to cycle just with low dose of test about a year ago results on that first cycle were amazing(to be expected). After coming off of it for a month I got a case of Bells' Palsy(mostly recovered)... I believe now they were related as every-time I had cycled off I got sick(figured it out the second time and got back on two weeks later and health returned).

Now this brings me to current, I found a good Dr referred to me through the power site and he immediately put me on test and deca and told me I would be on it indefinitely(no cycling). I asked him about running a cycle of anavar and he just said why don't I prescribe it to you. I asked him should I cycle it because I started to see a pattern with the way he does things and his answer was as long as my liver tolerates it stay on it indefinitely. I no longer drink socially because I want to take care of my liver that and when I was on test while drinking I felt like shit when I did so the test(as it was helping my health) is more important then a buzz. My buddy who also cycles and has in the past gotten me my gear finds the doses low, and finds it odd the doc would even have me on deca and anavar together. I have seen cycles where people use deca/test/anavar through trouble.

So what my question is are low doses over an indefinite period of time obviously I think it would stress out the liver less? Also does anyone have a way to get my testosterone levels checked as my dr realizes that they are likely extremely high as when I first went to him I was cycling(yes he knows) and am finishing up and going down to the maint doses listed below, so he did not want to take testosterone levels until after it has cleared my system. He checked my other levels estrodial/prolastin/lh/fsh and they clearly indicate some use. For the record he did not prescribe me anything without seeing some results, given my health situation I keep all my bloodwork for personal review and brought it with me first appointment.

I would have never considered using AAS or Test only because never viewed myself as ever reaching max genetic potential but since it is about my health/wellbeing and even with exercising 4-5x week I never got results since being poz. Site benefit 60$/m after copays.

Ok I think that covers all the details, I do other things for my health as well beyond lifting such as juicing(veggies/fruits) but those are side notes.

Summary of questions:
So what my question is are low doses over an indefinite period of time obviously I think it would stress out the liver less?
Does anyone have a way to get my testosterone levels checked either at home or through online services?

Current Doses
700mg test(200mg cyp/week 250mg sus every three days)
500mg deca(250mg every three days)
Just started the clomid and anavar a couple days ago.

Doses are
200mg/week test
200mg/week deca
20mg/day Anavar
50mg/day Clomid(was getting pepperoni nips)
900mg/day Milk thistle(on an antibiotic so have to stop for a month or two)

Change in less than year
27%bf-14.7%bf
250lb-230lb weight

yeah just post up over there or i can move it if you don't get help.. we do have some HIV experienced guys on here but not sure if they hang out on this forum.

alanchiras's EliteFitness Profile might want to shoot this guy a message.. he is a mod but he isn't on here very often, but he will definately be able to help you with this

Yes there is an hiv section, i will let this thread stay here for a bit, due to more traffic, but i will move it there eventually.

I am fine with moving it now if you want(not that it really matters much because you could move it if I liked it or didn't like it). You guys know what is best, when it comes to forums and where I will likely get a more accurate answer!

Hi there! I will get to it ASAP, but there is a lot to address. At the very least, you are doing a lot of stuff right.

Hey thanks, apprciate a response even if it is hey I will get back with you. I find a lot of negative information out there about steriods and it is hard to find balanced factual infomation. Most doctors I have spoken to are very against treating this particular issue with anabolics, part of me wants to sit down with my old HIV clinic just to provide them the facts as even in the past year my quality of life has gone through the roof comparitively. Still learning this all myself too the more I learn the more I am willing to provide answers, just a very steep learning curve with anything HIV related. I have wanted to get involved in the community as a whole advocating or just discussing because of the learning curve, and as Kharmic payback for those who have helped me along the journey. The only thing that prevents me from being active, in the community is lack of disclosure to my family.

-Rob

Sorry to add another question, but given I am on this stuff long term is it benificial, to cycle a bit higher on say the deca and test to add some more bulk, if so I will bring that up to my dr when I am ready to again. Looking forward to a summer of only one injection a week! Sorry to sound like a fn00b... but I am, and still trying to learn it all or at least enough that I can be proficient. Most of my research has been more from the recreational users perspective, with the exception of Built to Survive. According to the book, the answer to the question is yes, but always like individual perspective as well.

I've found it helpful to learn a little chemistry 101 and investigate how to monitor half-lives of drugs to determine activity in my system. This makes it more practical to determine frequency and quantity of injections and to inhibit extreme spikes and dips. I'm happy to help anyone who is curious about this methodology... Just send me a PM.

If your doctor sees that you are doing your homework and attempting everything possible to become on expert in your own treatment, this might help you establish a case for prescribing the amounts you want/need.

Top Bottom