Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

lol at China's commie-made ocean vessels

hanselthecaretaker

High End Bro
Platinum
no lol at the oceans they're fucking up.

Stranded ship "time bomb" to Great Barrier Reef

Reuters – Oil is seen next to the 230-metre (754-ft) bulk coal carrier Shen Neng I about 70 km (43 miles) east …
Mon Apr 5, 3:56 am ET

SYDNEY (Reuters) – A stranded Chinese coal ship leaking oil onto Australia's Great Barrier Reef is an environmental time bomb with the potential to devastate large protected areas of the reef, activists said on Monday.

The ship was a "ticking environmental time bomb," Gilly Llewellyn, director of conservation for the World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) in Australia, told Reuters.

She said this was the third major international incident involving its owners in four years.

Australian government officials say the stricken Shen Neng I belongs to the Shenzhen Energy Group, a subsidiary of China's state-owned China Ocean Shipping (Group) Company, better known by its acronym COSCO.

In 2007, COSCO was linked to a major oil spill in San Francisco bay, while last year it was tied to another in Norway, both of which damaged environmentally sensitive areas.

"We are seeing a concerning pattern potentially associated with this company," Llewellyn told Reuters.

Full story-
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100405/ts_nm/us_australia_ship

no lol at the oceans they're fucking up.

Stranded ship "time bomb" to Great Barrier Reef

Reuters – Oil is seen next to the 230-metre (754-ft) bulk coal carrier Shen Neng I about 70 km (43 miles) east …
Mon Apr 5, 3:56 am ET

SYDNEY (Reuters) – A stranded Chinese coal ship leaking oil onto Australia's Great Barrier Reef is an environmental time bomb with the potential to devastate large protected areas of the reef, activists said on Monday.

Wow that's just fucking great. Right into one of the great ecological wonders of the entire planet.

Well since we owe them sooo much money I am sure they can trade some US debt to pay for the clean-up.

So this is how it starts:

mega-shark-vs-giant-octopus-pack.jpg
:(

I love how people who previously could've given a fuck about anything to do with the environment are all of a sudden ecoheads because it's a chinese ship about to fuck up. If that was an american vessel "most" people would be non plussed about the whole thing.

:clock:

:(

*sigh*

I love how people who previously could've given a fuck about anything to do with the environment are all of a sudden ecoheads because it's a chinese ship about to fuck up. If that was an american vessel "most" people would be non plussed about the whole thing.

dude that means confused.

Their goods are low quality...not surprised the vessels that deliver them are low quality too, nor the captains steering them. Time to crack down on those sumbitches and impose standards if they want to continue doing business!

dude that means confused.

I know, I was using it as "bewildered". These accidents happen year round all the time and people are utterly bewildered by the environmentalist reactions. It's only now I read some folks on the internet that normally wouldn't give a fuck are all of a sudden "boo chinese"....wtf? That's my point. SOrry if it wasn't clear.

Top Bottom