Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Lets talk Raider Football

• Thread starter Thread starter HighIntensity
  • Start date Start date
H

HighIntensity

clearly we have the best O in football.

The numbers will show this, how in gods name was lost 4 games in a row is beyond me.

Jerry Porter has become a flat out stud, hes big, strong, fast and now makes all the catches...he learned from the best in number 80

It was nice to see Ty running hard over and through helpless Card Defenders. We are going to need him power at the end of the season to losen the belly of defenses.

D Jolly is turning into a really nice TE.

Now the problem with the Raiders, are D let's up to many big plays with results in teams comming back on us. Thus the O is forced to go hard the entire game.

And the loss of P Buchanan as a lethal return man was killer, he gave us a special edge in special teams. A game breaking return man changes the whole dynamic of a team, you can take more chances knowing you have a guy who can take it to the house everygame.

oh and the Denver Donkeys lost, that kid from Indy showed up to kick tonight...

alls good in the Raider Nation

damn you for changing threads and making me look like a fool.

raiders got talent but 1/2 the team belongs in a retirement home.

they'll make the playoffs but i'd be willing to bet they won't make it to the afc championship game. they're too inconsistent and have too tough of a schedule left to have any gas left for the playoffs.

I agree with you, our only shot for the SB is winning the div. and getting a first round by.

and then not having the refs F US..

mylife said:
damn you for changing threads and making me look like a fool.

raiders got talent but 1/2 the team belongs in a retirement home.

they'll make the playoffs but i'd be willing to bet they won't make it to the afc championship game. they're too inconsistent and have too tough of a schedule left to have any gas left for the playoffs.

Rice? Old, but we all knew that.

All told, there are 11 people aged 30 or older on the entire team.
Most of them aren't major contributers.

Wheatley is 30
Rod Woodson is 37
Romanowski is 36
Parella is 33 And not a stellar player
Rick Mirrer is 32 Again, nothing special.
Lincoln Kennedy is 31 and is the cause of most fouls
Jett is 31 and getting less and less action
Gannon is 36
Garner is 30
Tim Brown is 36

Bring back the corp of Bo Jackson & Marcus Allen!
Bring back the corp of Howie Long & Greg Townsend!

Then, ye shall win.

Last edited:
PolishHammer1977 said:
Bring back the corp of Bo Jackson & Marcus Allen!
Bring back the corp of Howie Long & Greg Townsend!

The, ye shall win.

Naw, the grass is always greener recalling the old timers. But invariably I end up watching old games on ESPN2 and thinking how slow and ugly the game was back then.

Sure the rules were better, you could cream the QB and it took the presence of a knife to get called for pass interference.....but nevertheless, it was a slower, less exciting game.

I think the game play has gotten way better since around '82.

Although Jackson and Allen played then, I guess we can consider them under some kind of Grandfather clause. :)

Re: ?

PolishHammer1977 said:
But you didn't remark about the two D-Ends.

Howie and Townsend?
I wasn't into football enough to notice anyone who wasn't either throwing, catching or running the ball.

Based on the words "we" and "us" in the above statements would lead me to believe you guys are on the team.:mad:

Top Bottom