Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Last year a pro=cyclist got caught with too much Albuterol

• Thread starter Thread starter Animal
  • Start date Start date
A

Animal

I'm thinking it was Beloki, but I'm not sure, but it was somebody on the ONCE team. He was also not going to be permitted to race in france.

Anyhow, he got caught in a drug test with way too much albuterol in his system which wouldn't come from normal albuterol use in tabs and definitely not from an inhaler which he was claiming. I couldn't figure out why in the hell he was doing such high levels and thought maybe the test was just wrong.

Turns out that injectable albuterol at high mg amounts raises your hematocrit!

Albuterol is "supposed" to be like clenbuterol just with a shorter half life... I have it for my athsma and noticed that if i take it before cardio i tend to sweet a little more, could be just coincidence.

albuterol - vento's, beta2-agonists. reading first few lines I thought the dude was using it for lipolysis/thermogenesis, but what I'm curious is how they came up with an idea of injecting albuterol :o
this some funny stuff...

There's a study out on it and they likely got wind of it before it was published.

I guess it's been around for awhile and they just found that it must work on humans. Of course the study only indicates it works on mice who are inhibited and not healthy mice, but I'd say the amounts found in the pro-cyclists blood indicate it works in healthy humans as well!

Exp Hematol. 1980 Jul;8(6):742-8. Related Articles, Links

beta 2-Adrenergic stimulation of erythropoiesis in busulfan treated mice.

Jelkmann W, Bauer C.

The capability of chronic beta 2-adrenoceptor activation to effectively stimulate erythrocyte production in vivo was investigated in mice which had been treated with the hematopoiesis inhibiting agent busulfan. A relatively low dose (5 mg/kg i.p.) of busulfan produced moderate depression of erythropoiesis 10 days after a single injection, as determined by 59Fe-incorporation into erythrocytes. Administration of albuterol (1 mg/kg s.c. twice daily), a selective beta 2-adrenergic agonist, significantly enhanced erythropoiesis for 5--10 days after the injection of busulfan. In a long-term study with albuterol at the same dose a significant increase in hematocrit values as well as in the circulating erythrocyte mass was found in busulfan (5 mg/kg i.p. weekly) treated mice when compared to saline-busulfan treated control mice. Simultaneous injections of the beta-adrenergic blocking agent propanolol (4 mg/kg i.p.) diminished the effect of albuterol on erythropoiesis. Albuterol at a lower dose (0.1 mg/kg) had no significant effect on erythrocyte mass. In view of recent findings, which have shown that the proliferation of the pluripotent hemopoietic stem cell pool is blocked by busulfan, it is concluded that the main site of beta 2-adrenergic action on erythropoiesis is on the erythroid committed stem cell pool. In addition, enhanced release of erythropoietin from the kidney following the application of albuterol may contribute to beta 2-adrenergic stimulation of erythropoiesis.

PMID: 7202579 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Top Bottom