Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Just saw a very old boxing match of Tyson and Fergeson on espn classic

-SD-

EXT ELITE ROB
Chairman Member
It was sometime in early 1986 before Tyson was even champ, but leading up to when he got the belt late in '86. dont think Ive ever seen a Tyson match that far back but he was VERY scary to watch. The Fergeson guy disqualified himself by tying up tysons arms too many times, guess he didnt feel like feeling the fury any longer. I dont think Ive ever seen punches as fast as Tyson was throwing in that fight. He actually sounded like an upstanding young man who could speak half intelligently in the post fight interview and all I could think of was "what a shame it all became".

CENTURION44 said:
I wish they would come out with a DVD set of all old boxing matches...
I would buy all of tysons fights before he got knocked the fuck out by buster.

superdave said:
I would buy all of tysons fights before he got knocked the fuck out by buster.

LOL me too....i think he grew a vagina the night before that fight...eversince hes been a pussy..but tyson pre-vag is one bad mofo

THe guy was phenomenal. A combination of speed and power that has never been matched in the heavyweight division. The Tyson of now is a shell of what he was. FOr those that say he's one of the most over rated champs ever, they are judging him to harshly for his last few fights. The young Tyson was one of the best ever and arguably could have beaten anyone when he was at his best.

I was in this bar a few weeks ago and they had some dvd playing on the tv's ..it was compilation of his greatest rounds (a.k.a greatest beatdowns)...it had every one of his fights ...it was sick..there was just a crowd of guys standing infront of the tv in awe...nobody was even paying attention to the females there...we were just like "holy shit" "god damn" "jesus christ"..i need to find that video.

CENTURION44 said:
LOL me too....i think he grew a vagina the night before that fight...eversince hes been a pussy..but tyson pre-vag is one bad mofo

It had nothing to with being a pussy. It was ALL about that asshole Don King suckering him to come to his company and go away from Jimmy Jacobs and trainer Kevin Rooney. Once Cus D'Amato died, Tyson lost all control too and King saw that and was able to land him.

King gave the ole' "the white man is keeping you down shit" and sucked him in and then dry. Tyson was possibly the best fighter I've ever seen. And when Rooney stopped training him, he turned into another "average" heavyweight.

The way I see it, he definately had good style and was taught well by Cus Demato. But he never fought anybody that was really good. Douglas just had his number in Tokyo and after that he went on to fight nobodies again. When he met another good fighter in the ring, Holyfield, he did absolutely nothing. Went on to fight nobodies again and on and on....

Regardless, I've always loved watching him fight and adopted his style of fighting when I used to fight amateur way back when.

Mach1 said:
The way I see it, he definately had good style and was taught well by Cus Demato. But he never fought anybody that was really good. Douglas just had his number in Tokyo and after that he went on to fight nobodies again. When he met another good fighter in the ring, Holyfield, he did absolutely nothing. Went on to fight nobodies again and on and on....

Regardless, I've always loved watching him fight and adopted his style of fighting when I used to fight amateur way back when.

I agree, he really didn't fight anyone worth while only because that era didn't have the great fighters of say Ali-Holmes era.

When training under Rooney, Tyson would dominate you. He would stalk you with a purpose. Kill your body until you dropped your hands then WHAM!! KO.

When he left, his then trainers turned him into a head hunter. Totally had no regard for the body and he turned into a flailing windmiller always looking for that "one" punch to land.

If he stayed with Rooney and never went to King, I can almost 100% guarentee he would have never lost. He was truly that good when he was with Rooney.

Top Bottom