Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Johnny Lats gym in Staten Island

sicklydiesel said:

bro..how come your always talkin shit about the small guys?..why cant someone be small and be confident (not saying im small)....but there are a ton of guys like that at my gym and i dont let them bother me. Not everyone works out cuz they wanna compete or pose in mirrors with the "best light"..i go to the gym to stay healthy, strong and look good. It sounds to me you like have had a bad past experience with a "165 lb juicehead"...did one of your previous girlfriends cheat on you with a small guy?..is that why you have all the animosity towards them?

lol nah man its not so much how much they weigh, though most of them fit that bill....nextell talking (wasting tim taking up the bench) armani caps, versaceb lue jeans cologne, gay CAPRIS..i mean why do they even waste time at the gym they do all of 3 sets of bench then they leave.

what amuses me is that they take more juice than your avg 250lb guy yet are small like a fitness chic...and they snort K and take XTC and GHB and party all night and sleep the day away, their 1st meal is 5pm....now are you gonna tell me these clowns arent amusing?

anyway this is about Johnny Lats gym not theirs 1st cycle fags as i call them....and no no girl of mine would go with lil guy like them lol trust me.

:devil:
NY Muscle, last week you posted about being at the Trenton show. I don't compete and don't ever picture myself up on stage however, that does not mean I am not as dedicated to training as anyone who competes. Back to my original point, tell me that half of those up on stage belonged there. Some of them looked like they didn't work out. This was my second show, NPC, and I don't think I'll be at another unless its a pro show. If this was an example of people who compete (to closed minded individuals), your point just backfired. They were just as comical as the "first cycle fags" and "the peck deck possie". Even people in the audience who looked like they never drove past a gym were chuckling. Bottom line these people are part of our lifestyle whether we like it or not. They are in every gym in every town. I've grown to expect it and always get a laugh out of their presence!

I think a few of you guys are taking what I am saying the wrong way, as far as the Trenton show? No I was not at any Trenton show nor did I know there was one, maybe someone else posted it…..Personally I get a kick out of all “characters” in the gym even myself I consider a character and my friends tease me as well as I goof on myself as well, its ALL GOOD….I just get a kick out of the “1st cycle fags” as I call them (even thought its their 9th cycle)..i also get a kick out of 300lb powerlifters who wear SPANDEX yes SPANDEX…and then theirs the guys who don’t even look like they lift but have one too many otomix catalogs mailed to their house and they look like a walking advertisement for 1980’s juicehead wear….and then there are people like me, bro… I’m the LOUDEST mother fucker in my gym, I get along with everyone (even the 1st cycle fags) and everyone likes me and I make them laugh, but I’m part of that “clique” that everyone knows and expects that any minute ill be yelling out to the other guys on the other end of the gym something obnoxious, stupid or funny,…I’m the guy that when the stereo cuts off for whatever reason for like 5 minutes and theirs no music I yell “can you please LOWER the fucking stereo, its too loud”… I ENJOY working out, I LOVE going to the gym, I have FUN there..and im just as if not more serious than the next guy…I’m not the guy with the head phones on who never looks at anyone and looks real mean and nasty, even though he may be a nice guy…..so yeah I’m the loud obnoxious “character” that every gym has….tease or make fun of me if you like, I wont deny it, that’s me and I love it…but I’m also very approachable, I get asked questions about diet and training all the time and I NEVER say no when I am asked for help even by the “1st cycle fags”…….bottom line is I get a kick out of these guys for the most part, unless they take up all the benches and piss me off cause they are wasting my time.

And NO u do NOT ever have to compete to be considered a serious or dedicated lifter..not at all..one of my buddies is a FREAK but extremely aesthetic….but wont compete…and that’s a good thing…so no he doesn’t need to compete to gain my respect….my main issue is guys who consume bucket loads of juice…yet don’t even look like they are on creatine..that is when I have to comment…I mean if you take all that juice..atleast look like you do…...I think we ALL know who we are talking about..and its NOT a bad genetics thing…and as far as the groupies…I cant stand them….go to any NJ show and you will see them..most of them are 5 foot 4, 250lbs and on more sauce than RAGU….they are goof balls and freaks supporting the real competitors but give the sport a bad name and are the reason why so many “juiceheads” are stereotyped, its because of the minority of guys and girls who act and present themselves the way most of these “groupies” do…I recall a few years back ARNOLD having a similar comment about these guys and how they present themselves..and I think he was even talking about the top pros and not necessarily the groupies.

As far as how much you weigh…means nothing to me…I don’t even “weigh” that much……..my buddy is 5 foot 7 and guest posed 2 weeks ago at 172, his arms were at least 19 inches, waist maybe 28…phenomenal body…..

I hope this makes sense and I hope I didn’t offend the people I didn’t mean to offend…..

ps.....kignjohn and bigsatan13 im sure you both look great so dotn take this shit to heart.

NY Muscle said:
I think a few of you guys are taking what I am saying the wrong way, as far as the Trenton show? No I was not at any Trenton show nor did I know there was one, maybe someone else posted it…..Personally I get a kick out of all “characters” in the gym even myself I consider a character and my friends tease me as well as I goof on myself as well, its ALL GOOD….I just get a kick out of the “1st cycle fags” as I call them (even thought its their 9th cycle)..i also get a kick out of 300lb powerlifters who wear SPANDEX yes SPANDEX…and then theirs the guys who don’t even look like they lift but have one too many otomix catalogs mailed to their house and they look like a walking advertisement for 1980’s juicehead wear….and then there are people like me, bro… I’m the LOUDEST mother fucker in my gym, I get along with everyone (even the 1st cycle fags) and everyone likes me and I make them laugh, but I’m part of that “clique” that everyone knows and expects that any minute ill be yelling out to the other guys on the other end of the gym something obnoxious, stupid or funny,…I’m the guy that when the stereo cuts off for whatever reason for like 5 minutes and theirs no music I yell “can you please LOWER the fucking stereo, its too loud”… I ENJOY working out, I LOVE going to the gym, I have FUN there..and im just as if not more serious than the next guy…I’m not the guy with the head phones on who never looks at anyone and looks real mean and nasty, even though he may be a nice guy…..so yeah I’m the loud obnoxious “character” that every gym has….tease or make fun of me if you like, I wont deny it, that’s me and I love it…but I’m also very approachable, I get asked questions about diet and training all the time and I NEVER say no when I am asked for help even by the “1st cycle fags”…….bottom line is I get a kick out of these guys for the most part, unless they take up all the benches and piss me off cause they are wasting my time.

And NO u do NOT ever have to compete to be considered a serious or dedicated lifter..not at all..one of my buddies is a FREAK but extremely aesthetic….but wont compete…and that’s a good thing…so no he doesn’t need to compete to gain my respect….my main issue is guys who consume bucket loads of juice…yet don’t even look like they are on creatine..that is when I have to comment…I mean if you take all that juice..atleast look like you do…...I think we ALL know who we are talking about..and its NOT a bad genetics thing…and as far as the groupies…I cant stand them….go to any NJ show and you will see them..most of them are 5 foot 4, 250lbs and on more sauce than RAGU….they are goof balls and freaks supporting the real competitors but give the sport a bad name and are the reason why so many “juiceheads” are stereotyped, its because of the minority of guys and girls who act and present themselves the way most of these “groupies” do…I recall a few years back ARNOLD having a similar comment about these guys and how they present themselves..and I think he was even talking about the top pros and not necessarily the groupies.

As far as how much you weigh…means nothing to me…I don’t even “weigh” that much……..my buddy is 5 foot 7 and guest posed 2 weeks ago at 172, his arms were at least 19 inches, waist maybe 28…phenomenal body…..

I hope this makes sense and I hope I didn’t offend the people I didn’t mean to offend…..

ps.....kignjohn and bigsatan13 im sure you both look great so dotn take this shit to heart.

One of the better posts I've seen from you in terms of a debate...

….the guy behind the counter who I swear is Frank Sepe’s twin even let me in for free. Hmm maybe he likes me HAHA
Lol , sorry to revive such as ancient thread , but I came across this and just HAD TO respond.

That’s me by the way. Ya know , the one who you’re referring to as Frank Sepe’s twin behind the counter ( I wasn’t even 21 years of age yet by then in June 2002 and wouldn’t turn so until Sept 2002 ) . By the way - everybody used to call me that back in the day - AND especially by gym rats and / or anyone else who was well acquainted with the culture. Funnily enough I remember this day very well ( I always worked both Sat and Sun opening to closing ) and I remember exactly who you were on that day ( Blonde hair right ? ) because it was John Ca*******a you were meeting up with , right? To answer your suspicion about why I let you in for free , well I did so NOT because I am a homosexual man with attraction to you , but only because that was the general policy of the gym for any first timer to get a free pass to test whether or not they want to join as per Johnny the owner aka Johnny Lats ( John McGrath I believe his name was ) . Further the jacked up black woman that you spoke with and mentioned here must have been John’s partner at the time and her name was Carmella Cureton . As a matter of fact she has her Pro Card too , it’s just at that time that you saw her she hadn’t competed for a while and was off-season for a minute ( so only maintenance training and no gear ) as she wouldn’t compete professionally again until another couple years later.

You ( with me , Johnny , John C , etc ) were there until closing that day I believe and we all had a conversation in front of the gym at night with Johnny present if you remember. Those were some good times and good memories I have during my youth. In case you’re interested , yeah I still train and yeah I still look good ( and yes still NOT a homo lol ) , but of course I look nowhere as pristine as I used to look at 20 years old lol. Yes I am 43 years of age right now and find myself often looking back with nostalgia which is what brought me to typing in the words Johnny Lats Gym Staten Island New York in google and I found this page . Glad I found it and your post - or posts rather - as they cracked me the hell up . And you’re right brother, in those days I did know where the good lighting was lol . Folks like us or better yet “men of the iron” always knew these nuances. Seems like there is no more iron these days and more and more just rubber and rubber.

Anyways hope you are doing well and God bless !

Top Bottom