Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Johnny Lats gym in Staten Island

NY Muscle

Anyone ever been there before? I went to train there on Saturday, awesome gym, great set up, tons of equipment, great lighting (need that lighting ya know lol) lots of hardcore people, and lots of 165lb nextel talking, armani cap wearing fruit cake juiceheads and tons of hot chics and big ass jacked chics.

Gotta love the name though “Johnny lats”

lmfao

U should try Strong & Shapely in East Rutherford. The place it like Cosco or BJ wharehouse but with lifting equipment. Some pro's train and WWE wrestlers train there.

Formula said:
U should try Strong & Shapely in East Rutherford. The place it like Cosco or BJ wharehouse but with lifting equipment. Some pro's train and WWE wrestlers train there.

I know of that place very well but it’s a little grungy for my liking, this place was trendy and all cool equip, black or dark gold or silver colors. And 2 full sets of dumbbells. I like the place a lot, too bad its so far.

Bu man there was some really good looking girls, not necessarily juice head chics but just plain old HOT ASS chics….the guy behind the counter who I swear is Frank Sepe’s twin even let me in for free. Hmm maybe he likes me HAHA

Any of you guys/gals in the vicinity of that gym? I plan to train there maybe every other Saturday or at least one Saturday a month when I got out there

If anyone would like to meet the legend, let me know.

(it’s a joke people)

:p :p

i trained at the johnny lats gym in manhattan...I was definitely one of the only females in there...

it's mostly NYC club bouncers in there...I recognized alot of the guys...

kingjohn said:

exactly...I think its why they are open 24 hrs a day.

NYMuscle- why go to the armpit of NYC to train?

I dont go to the one in NYC, I m referring to the one in Staten Island... i was meeting a guy who used to fight for the UFC that I've known online for a while and told him id be in the area and we went to train and shoot the shit and i am also dating a girl out there (staten island, not NYC) so I killed 2 birds with one stone.

kingjohn said:

wait a second....you killed the girl you were dating AND the guy from UFC? Holy SHEEAT!!

JK. cool. I bet the Johnny Lats in SI is MUCH bigger than the one in manhattan. The one in the city is up a flight of stairs and ain't all that big. But VERY hardcore.

Well this gym is hardcore/trendy at the same time…TONS of equipment, but im not sure if its huge in terms of square footage but it’s a good size, I didn’t even use ½ the gym, there was so much stuff I didn’t get to see….2 FULL racks of dumbbells, solid bells and plate bells……tons of mirrors and lots of bright lights, maybe a little too much lighting as the 3 or 4 GOOD mirrors where you can pose and see yourself well, your view gets squashed by the other powerful lights hitting yoru face..i asked the guy “wheres the good mirrors” and he laughed and pointed in to corner..see that kinda shit I like, be able to pose in a gym and not get looked at in a weird way by the avg “gym goer”…..…….seems to be hardcore in terms of people who compete not your avg sloppy bloated juicehead who attends every show in the NY/NJ area and wont ever step on stage..i hate that type, big reason I avoid the NYC gyms and places like strong and shapely….too many GROUPIES along with the serious competitors……..even the older guys at Johnny Lats 50+ were in decent shape, not cut up but you can tell these guys most likely competed in the past…then of course you have the mirror queer 165lb club goer juiceheads…they are like ants, allover any gym in NY……………..one chic I was talking to looked so much like Tatianna Butler, about the same size too and lots of little blonde fitness cuties…overall I give the gym a 9 out of 10, mainly because the black on black (black machines on black matted floors) confuses your eyes, its hard to see what’s what cause all the machines look alike, my gym, all the machines are white or gray with a dark gray carpet or black matting…..yeah I know I put too much thought into the way a gym is built lol, I been in this business way too long. I’m a gym connoisseur. I like trendy/hardcore gyms with a mix of both but not chalk infested, no AC, torn up floor and rug type of gym, thats not my style.

NY Muscle said:

Well this gym is hardcore/trendy at the same time…TONS of equipment, but im not sure if its huge in terms of square footage but it’s a good size, I didn’t even use ½ the gym, there was so much stuff I didn’t get to see….2 FULL racks of dumbbells, solid bells and plate bells……tons of mirrors and lots of bright lights, maybe a little too much lighting as the 3 or 4 GOOD mirrors where you can pose and see yourself well, your view gets squashed by the other powerful lights hitting yoru face..i asked the guy “wheres the good mirrors” and he laughed and pointed in to corner..see that kinda shit I like, be able to pose in a gym and not get looked at in a weird way by the avg “gym goer”…..…….seems to be hardcore in terms of people who compete not your avg sloppy bloated juicehead who attends every show in the NY/NJ area and wont ever step on stage..i hate that type, big reason I avoid the NYC gyms and places like strong and shapely….too many GROUPIES along with the serious competitors……..even the older guys at Johnny Lats 50+ were in decent shape, not cut up but you can tell these guys most likely competed in the past…then of course you have the mirror queer 165lb club goer juiceheads…they are like ants, allover any gym in NY……………..one chic I was talking to looked so much like Tatianna Butler, about the same size too and lots of little blonde fitness cuties…overall I give the gym a 9 out of 10, mainly because the black on black (black machines on black matted floors) confuses your eyes, its hard to see what’s what cause all the machines look alike, my gym, all the machines are white or gray with a dark gray carpet or black matting…..yeah I know I put too much thought into the way a gym is built lol, I been in this business way too long. I’m a gym connoisseur. I like trendy/hardcore gyms with a mix of both but not chalk infested, no AC, torn up floor and rug type of gym, thats not my style.

bro..how come your always talkin shit about the small guys?..why cant someone be small and be confident (not saying im small)....but there are a ton of guys like that at my gym and i dont let them bother me. Not everyone works out cuz they wanna compete or pose in mirrors with the "best light"..i go to the gym to stay healthy, strong and look good. It sounds to me you like have had a bad past experience with a "165 lb juicehead"...did one of your previous girlfriends cheat on you with a small guy?..is that why you have all the animosity towards them?

hell yea NY M

walking into a good new gym is like hitting a hot new club...

Top Bottom