Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

JETS/GIANTS... METS/YANKS.. how do you decide?

• Thread starter Thread starter madbomber31
  • Start date Start date
M

madbomber31

is there a dividing line in the area of living? i'm confused how you decide which team you back... i mean, they play in the same fucking stadium in football at least (uh, thats another story all together)

The Jets came much later to the Meadowlands and will be leaving when their contract is up. I am a NY Giants fan because I lived 20 minutes from the Giants Stadium when I was 6 years old and they are the home team. They were the 1st team I watched play live excluding the opponent. I don't even remember who the G-Men played against.

I liked the Mets because I never liked the term Yankee for some reason. Besides the Mets were kicking ass when I was a little kid. I only knew of Mets and Yankees too when I was little so I didn't have a lot to pick from.

fistfullofsteel said:
The Jets came much later to the Meadowlands and will be leaving when their contract is up. I am a NY Giants fan because I lived 20 minutes from the Giants Stadium when I was 6 years old and they are the home team. They were the 1st team I watched play live excluding the opponent. I don't even remember who the G-Men played against.

I liked the Mets because I never liked the term Yankee for some reason. Besides the Mets were kicking ass when I was a little kid. I only knew of Mets and Yankees too when I was little so I didn't have a lot to pick from.

I would root for the Giants if they get to the Bowl but I consider myself a Jets fan. I'm glad I picked up my jersey a month ago- it'd be hard to get cheap now.

I always watched the Mets when I was a kid. Especially '86. It's funny that even though I live in the area I've only been to the stadium once.

Yanks > Mets (mets suck)

When it comes to football, it's hard to decide between the two. I think i'd go with Giants.

I hope to see another NY vs NY :D

it's a sharp line though, isnt it?

i mean, a jets fan is a jets fan and giants/giants? or do folk cheer them both on?

The NY Giants don't meet up each other a lot in the regular season and until recently the nfc and afc didn't play against each other at all in the regular season.. We never faced each other in the Superbowl either, so we really have no reason to hate each other. The Jets have 1 Superbowl and the G-Men have 2 so it's not like we are jealous of each other either. The NY Giants and their fans really dislike the eagles, cowboys, redskins and the 49ers, rightfully so. (I really hate the 49ers) We have faced each other 6 times in the playoffs. Today is going to be the 7th time we face each other in the playoffs. It's tied 3-3 between us. We knocked them out 3 times and they knocked us out 3 times in the playoffs, therefore we hate each others sticken guts. Besides, the most recent time we met up in the playoffs, the 49ers decided to run up the score because they really wanted to rub it in. :mad:

Last edited:
about 90% of the NY Giants fan won't ever wear Jets stuff or vice versa, but if the NY Giants get eliminated we will root for them but that's about it.

Its how your brought up . I was born in NY. My dad was a Brooklyn Dodger fan so I was raised in a MET house hate the yanks. My dad every sunday would play the Giants games while we ate pasta, meatballs, and sausage ( i am Italian) so i was born into a Giant house. Jet fan tend to be mostly from Queensa nd Long Island though with stadium changes that has also changed. I love the Giants and i like the Jets but Giants and Mets will be my team for life.

Top Bottom