Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

JESUS....HOW STUPID IS LEBRON JAMES???

• Thread starter Thread starter KAYNE
  • Start date Start date
Evidently his mom applied for and received a loan from a local bank, based on the upcoming draft, nothing illegal about that. Also, she evidently took advantage of a 0% finance deal going on at the local dealer.

Bad judgement, maybe, but nothing illegal, or unethical...

That guy could most likely walk in to any bank in the country by himself, or with his legal guardian, and get some type of signature loan IMO based solely on the future revenue stream and earnings potential coming his way. I don't have any idea if that is breaking the rules or not. Even if they do investigate and/or possibly suspend, he's still the top 1st or 2nd pick in the draft.

No rule to break. He's in high school not college. And if ESPN and others are going to make $ off of him, I say get yourself a Porsche too, Lebron. I also find it unethical for college players to be used the way they are (free education be damned).

The kid is probably overhyped, but at this point more power to him for driving a H2. Just hope he doesn't leap his way to jumpers knee like Carter.:(

The legality of the loan is questionable. The challenges come from other teams in his HS conference. They are the ones protesting it because he is killing them. You can't play HS ball if you profit from your athletic fame. Well would his mom have gotten the loan if her son was not famous for his athletic feats?

On the other hand I guarantee you the interest rate on the loan is sky high......so in a way he is getting taken advantage of too.

It's a catch-22. As far as the NBA is concerned there's no prob.

JC

bullett said:
Evidently his mom applied for and received a loan from a local bank, based on the upcoming draft, nothing illegal about that. Also, she evidently took advantage of a 0% finance deal going on at the local dealer.

Bad judgement, maybe, but nothing illegal, or unethical...

ESPN REPORTED THAT USING HIM AS COLLATERAL FOR THE LOAN IS ILLEGAL. BESIDES, FROM WHAT THEY REPORTED, HIS FAMILY ISNT VERY FINANCIALLY SECURE, HOW CAN SHE GET A LOAN FOR THE TRUCK PLUS ALL THE ADD ONS WHICH IS ANOTHER 20K???

KAYNE

I meant he could just say fuck it with the high school team due to the eligibility issues, granted his teammates would be pissed, slack off the rest of the year, no teacher would dare flunk him due to the chance he'll throw back money at the school once he's swimming in it, shoot some J's and lift, and go #1 in June.

Right. He could stop playing, train his ass off (though he probably wouldn't train as hard as he should), he could still practice with the team, and still go #1 in the draft.

This kind of shit just pisses me off.

JC

A lot of parents buy cars for their kids. Does that mean that anyone whose parent buys them a car will be ineligible for HS athletics? Could anyone actually prove that this loan was based on his athletics?

I don't think this kid is 18 yet so the car has to be in his mothers name. There are no rules against a parent profiting from their kids fame that I know of.

Top Bottom