Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is it just me, or do games come up, like, right before their bookie deadline?

samoth

Is there a reason that games are not listed a couple days in advance? Lots are done the same day! It there a bookie reason for this or something? I'm never able to bet because there's never any time between the thread being posted and the game beginning. (Yes, I realize it has to do with the bookies making more profeit and what not, but does it make that big a difference?)

Just curious, I've never betted before here on EF when the bookie forum started, lol.

:cow:

hotzie said:
its mainly for the spread , its constantly changin .
and the most significant moves are late
I try to get the early NFL games up saturday night
but I also try to avoid the even spreads,so often the late moves brings the important half point to avoid ties/pushes and me having to hassle a mod to abandon
NCAA is difficult because the games are throughout the day and some top 25 matchups aren't attractive
while some games not involving top 25 are good matchups
so I start to pick and choose and post usually starting friday night
and often add the late afternoon and evening NCAA games on saturday itself

I all ways host my nfl games no latter then fry day night.when its my tern to do them.
I am going to host all the games right now.lol

I'm just a deadbeat lowlife with nothing to do but check out the bookie forum so i get in on all the action it's my pathetic life and i love it.............

I even cross check my spreads with a foreign site out of australia
they're about 7 hours ahead of US so I get some line moves earlier
it's not about "making a profit", it's about getting the best number up there and often finding the correct direction of the extra half point
the linesmakers release most numbers as even numbers and let the early betting public "correct" the line
especially in basketball because half points are crucial in that sport
sometimes it works different like in michigan-ohio state
they released that at michigan +6.5
and now it's moved to an even seven
the oddsmakers decided OSU was the favorite,as they should be because they are the more impressive team
and OSU is at home so that's 3 points
they released it at 6.5 because they believe OSU is better,but not by enough to award michigan a full TD
as it is the early money is coming down on OSU and thus the public has moved it to the full 7
and BO dying ain't worth shit

Top Bottom